Flight of the Navigator

Soldato
I remember first time I went to an indy video rental shop at 9 or 10 with my dad, this was the first film we ever rented, and started a great Friday night family tradition. Loved going to choose our weekly film. Short-circuit and batteries not included stand out for me.

Kind of a shame I can't do that with my kids now, picking a film to stream from an almost unlimited choice isn't anywhere near as special.

Soldato
The actor who played Dr Faraday, David Hesseman, passed away in January
Ah man, why’d you have to go and post this. I was blissfully unaware of his passing. :(

Being a 46 year old those films were and still are some of my favourites growing up. I dare anyone not to smile and also have a lump in their throat at the end of Big.
FoTN is just utterly brilliant, smile inducing fun.

no one’s mentioned Wargames yet so I’ll have to add that into the mix. Still love watching it now.

Soldato
Kind of a shame I can't do that with my kids now, picking a film to stream from an almost unlimited choice isn't anywhere near as special.

Yeap, I'm old enough to remember going as a family into blockbuster on a Friday night to pick out a movie, get popcorn etc which made it "feel" more like an event. Simply picking a film on screen doesn't have anywhere near that same "feel".

Soldato
oh god damn how did i forget this one......i'm sure it was on tv around Christmas time. or else i'm daydream it was :p
Maybe you just read post #43 lol.
Still one of my faves. Can't wait for my son to be old enough to enjoy them all.

Also on my list is Iron Eagle but I think that's getting a bit older audience.

Associate
Maybe you just read post #43 lol.
Still one of my faves. Can't wait for my son to be old enough to enjoy them all.

Also on my list is Iron Eagle but I think that's getting a bit older audience.

Iron Eagle was cheesy as anything but I remember watching it repeatedly. I am sure there was a sequel but I don't remember anything about yet there are many scenes from the first one that still come back to me despite my broken memory :p.

Oh, I anyone has Amazon Prime Video I noticed Flight of the Navigator is currently on there last night.

Caporegime
Iron Eagle was cheesy as anything but I remember watching it repeatedly. I am sure there was a sequel but I don't remember anything about yet there are many scenes from the first one that still come back to me despite my broken memory :p.

Oh, I anyone has Amazon Prime Video I noticed Flight of the Navigator is currently on there last night.
I think there's been at least 2 Iron Eagle sequels, maybe even more.

Associate
Agree, eighties films, special effects, stunts, and imagination were amazing.

Its been many years since I watched any of these but they left me with a lasting impression.

As a kid, Krull, The Last Starfighter, Flight of the Navigator never did anything for me.

My favourite picks were:

Legend, one of Tom Cruise's first film's and it is brilliant.
The NeverEnding Story, the La Mahl soundtrack went bonkers at the time, the film for a fairy tale, has some dark moments which makes it quite decent!
Goonies, say no more, the interrogation scene still makes me laugh even now.

Associate
One of the best movies of all time. I have it on DVD that I got free with the Daily Mail news paper some years back. The actor who played David went to jail for robbing a bank.

Back
Top Bottom