FM2 ITX Motherboards!

Associate
When will we see Trinity (FM2) ITX motherboards? I want to build a new HTPC and AMD's 24fps support is much better than Intels.. It would also make a great little system for playing the occasional game on the TV

FM2A75M-ITX (ASRock) and MSI have announced boards.. I'm not sure but hoping the ASRock supports CIR for remote turn off/on.

Associate
msi have just launched their mitx board its showing on their international website as available. I wonder whether OcUK will be getting these in?

hugest

Soldato
msi have just launched their mitx board its showing on their international website as available. I wonder whether OcUK will be getting these in?

hugest

Thats the one I am looking at, the A75 FM2 chipset looks OK as there is no space for more than 4 SATA III. Would like to see the bios settings before making up my mind though.

Associate
just posted in the new product forum about the msi but no response yet. if they dont arrive soon i may have to go with intel. Talk about amd and their oem's dropping the ball big time on this one.

having atx but no mini itx boards available at launch is insane talk about not researching your target market.
hugest

Soldato
Seems bizarre to not have a strong ITX lineup to go along with the Trinity release. It's ideal for a small PC, surely AMD could have assisted board manufacturers to get them out on time?

Associate
It was the same with Llano, 3 months after release before the ITX boards came out.
Just try and be patient.

The major buyers of Trinity will be white box builders, motherboard makers will cater to that first, hence the pile of A55 chipset boards that don't interest enthusiasts.

Associate
just posted in the new product forum about the msi but no response yet. if they dont arrive soon i may have to go with intel. Talk about amd and their oem's dropping the ball big time on this one.

having atx but no mini itx boards available at launch is insane talk about not researching your target market.
hugest

I agree its almost as if the partners don't have a clue :confused:

I was also going to build an HTPC based on FM2 M-ITX Motherboard but there are no options yet and the choice is endless for Intel CPU`s , I will wait anther week before i buy the Intel one.

Don
APU's are perfect for MATX/ITX, I can't see why there's so much demand for ATX boards.

I can't see why they've been so slow to roll FM2 out, it looks a really competitive product for once.

Associate
OP
I might get the Streacom FC5 and ASRock FM2A75 Pro4-M (because it has a HDMI port unlike the other ASRock mATX). The ITX board ASRock make I don't think will fit (the DIMMS in the way for the heatpipes).

The thing is - I can't seem to see any comparison between A6-5600K (65W) and A10-5700 (65W) in terms of wattage, idle power, temps, power decoding films.. etc.

So I don't know if I should try the more powerful GPU/CPU.

What kind of PicoPSU would I need? It will be powering:

ASRock board, FM2 CPU + Blu-Ray (slim) + SSD drive.

I've also noticed from a (linux) review that memory speed plays a big part in igpu on trinity - can someone recommend 2 x 4gb modules? They have to have low height (42mm)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom