Folding@home News 10th - 17th September

Soldato
you don't get the bonus points now but I seen some were on hard forum that you can still run the multi cpu servers for folding

biffa should have an answer I should image, hes quiet these days !

p.s aceme I overtook you, catch me if you can :D as I noticed you just submitted some work

Soldato
you don't get the bonus points now but I seen some were on hard forum that you can still run the multi cpu servers for folding

biffa should have an answer I should image, hes quiet these days !

p.s aceme I overtook you, catch me if you can :D as I noticed you just submitted some work
interesting.

just realised its only 2 days till i'm in the top 1000 :cool:

Soldato
but he has 40 cores of them, that will still do some good work out put I should imagen ,also he said machines not machine, how many do you have ? lol .

pdw - lol I didn't even notice, its the kids searching crap, youtubes full of peppa pig and my recent visited sites are Matalan , smyths toys lol

Last edited:
Associate
I noticed... LOL , that 780ti is been wasted in that CCTV / media pc , isn't there any £30 second hand cards thatll do the job its doing lol

Yes, but the psu in my test bench is only 650w, not enough for 2x 780ti 24/7 plus the motherboard will not work with 2 vga cards :(

The one I'm folding on is nearly dead now so the media pc will get a 750ti and I'll pop the 780ti on the test bench to replace the soon to be dead one

Soldato
so I took 2 hours out from folding to try something, I took my 970 and stuck it in its own pc with the amd drivers removed and guess what, its working like it should. 292k ppd instead of 160k ppd

Associate
so I took 2 hours out from folding to try something, I took my 970 and stuck it in its own pc with the amd drivers removed and guess what, its working like it should. 292k ppd instead of 160k ppd

Congratulations dude :) Gonna take me a little longer than the predicted 6 months to overtake you now then :D

Associate
Here is the spec, I have 6 just sat in my office at the moment. Obviously they won't be here forever but if there is something other than folding that they would be better at then I'm all ears. Think I still have a BOINC account from when I used to run SETI

2daimwy.png

B

PDW

PDW

Associate
Stick them on DENIS is my suggestion, another medical project, read our thread and make sure you download the optimised app once you've installed DENIS in BOINC Manager on each of the machines.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Additionally, you might want to set a back up project with a resource share of zero in case DENIS has problems supplying work.

If you have a preference for an area let us know, but we have also been asked to help with NFS (see our thread for details).

Soldato
Here is the spec, I have 6 just sat in my office at the moment. Obviously they won't be here forever but if there is something other than folding that they would be better at then I'm all ears. Think I still have a BOINC account from when I used to run SETI

2daimwy.png

B

wow 6, that's a lot of cores which ever project you put them towards lol.
what PPD was folding showing with the 20 core running ? is your account new or an old one? accounts need to do 10 work units before you get a decent PPD from the bonus that kicks in after doing 10 work units

just to try something before you dismiss folding for boinc lol

add these to your cpu slot

name : client-type
value: bigadv

name: max-packet-size
value: big
that SHOULD allow you to get the work units that make use of your cores
see below to see how it would look
VLZFScX.png

edit - not sure if the bigadv one is needed as I think that's for Linux only but the max - packet - size one should work , I found something on hardforum that suggests youll still get decent PPD from CPU folding with what you have

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom