Folding@home News 10th - 17th September

Soldato
Jju
Congratulations dude :) Gonna take me a little longer than the predicted 6 months to overtake you now then :D

Ye. If it wasn't for my Mot and insurance., along side paying for backdated school dinners I forgot about the lol. I'd use my ace card which was another 970 or a 290x or a 980ti gigabyte g1 local at a good price

Associate
Jju

Ye. If it wasn't for my Mot and insurance., along side paying for backdated school dinners I forgot about the lol. I'd use my ace card which was another 970 or a 290x or a 980ti gigabyte g1 local at a good price

ppd will be lower for today and tomorrow, wiped main pc clean and putting win10 on atm so no 980ti folding since this morning for me :(

Haven't heard any horror stories with win10 and FAH / BOINC have you?

Associate
Hi Guys,

Yes 240 threads available :) 6 x DL380 gen9's. My FAH account is very old, first unit in 2008 and it's been submitting work constantly since then. I must admit i'm not sure where the computer that is submitting work is.

Oz I will try the settings you suggested tomorrow but when I checked today it was hovering around 90k ppd but that was based on 50% usage as shown in task manager.

Interestingly enough before I left tonight I paused FAH, installed BOINC and set DENIS running (not yet with the optimised app) and looking in advanced view it's definitely processing 40 concurrent tasks but task manager is still showing 69-70% utilisation. I'm thinking it's probably more to do with task manager being pants. Either way i'll see what the situ is tomorrow.

B

Associate
Nice one Boycie ! The optimized app will produce 10 times the points btw, it really is that much faster !

You could be a new Marvel Hero: "Thread-Man" !! 240 Threads of power, lol :)

Soldato
Hi Guys,

Yes 240 threads available :) 6 x DL380 gen9's. My FAH account is very old, first unit in 2008 and it's been submitting work constantly since then. I must admit i'm not sure where the computer that is submitting work is.

Oz I will try the settings you suggested tomorrow but when I checked today it was hovering around 90k ppd but that was based on 50% usage as shown in task manager.

Interestingly enough before I left tonight I paused FAH, installed BOINC and set DENIS running (not yet with the optimised app) and looking in advanced view it's definitely processing 40 concurrent tasks but task manager is still showing 69-70% utilisation. I'm thinking it's probably more to do with task manager being pants. Either way i'll see what the situ is tomorrow.

B
what is your folding username as I cant work out who you are lol have you got the correct team number set, 10

http://folding.extremeoverclocking.com/user_list.php?s=&t=10

oh ye voicon you've just been taken down lol now to take down mark :D

the 970 is pulling its weight at last
gF2e7Ox.png

Last edited:
Associate
wowser new competition , just as i had to slow down lol, well wont be for long i hope, as long as my car/taxi passes mot on friday ill be back up running faster again.
btw Botcie with 128gig memory if you can run virtual machines Atlas@home will make good use of the ram as each thread needs 4 gig.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Boycie,

Your output isn't that great even though you are using the standard app :(

A quick look shows the machine is only contacting the DENIS server every hour and I guess that is because it doesn't need to because the work isn't getting done.

Is something else stopping Boinc from running ?
What are the processor usage preferences set at in Boinc's preferences ?

Associate
That's working much better now Boycie :D

Time to turn the other 5 on now :D:D:D:D:D

Are we looking okay now? I don't want to fire up the rest of them if it's not running sweet.

Colin I work in Technical Infrastructure for a telematics company. This kit is part of what I ordered for the next phase of our platform which is still in the early stages of being brought online. I should have it for a couple of months at least.

B

PDW

PDW

Associate
Are we looking okay now? I don't want to fire up the rest of them if it's not running sweet.

Colin I work in Technical Infrastructure for a telematics company. This kit is part of what I ordered for the next phase of our platform which is still in the early stages of being brought online. I should have it for a couple of months at least.

B
Yes, I can see you're running the optimised version and you output 70k in credit in the stats update. I think that's a little low, I'd expected nearer 85k but you probably weren't running full out for the 24 hour period it covers. Also the points aren't fixed and can vary a bit, an 8 minute job put out 28 points and a 25 minute job put out 27 points so there is a bit of wiggle room on what I'd expect.

Chocks away..... :D

Back
Top Bottom