Folding@home News 13th - 20th August

Soldato
if it was in my shed it would be somthing like this as i wouldnt bother wise a case, i would use some old case i have to mount the m/b and the just leave it all open like a test bench on a shelf with some sort of ventalation.

when BaBa gets back into the game i'll love to see what he comes up with, although hes currently not folding, he told me that hes not lost interest in folding

Last edited:
Associate
My current setup, messy but its working lol

rzd9X41.jpg
[/url][/SPOILER][/IMG]

Associate
yer it all needs a clean but i dont wana turn them off lol, still going on holiday in 3 days so ill turn them off then and give a clean.
its hinged so i can mount stuff behind, the the rad in the window works really well as its blowing colder air from outside over the rad.
i will cover the wood 1 day, thinking either vinyl wrap or perspex then i can get all the water pipes and cables routed properly, main problem is that means turning them off for a few days and thats not good lol

Associate
Not as extravagant, but my folding pc: (3rd in my sig)

dTBPjFq.jpg

And the first and second in my sig (folding on cpu only atm):

qBNNY24.jpg

The 230mm fan made a massive difference to the temps on the first picture

Soldato
taximan imagen how cool running that would be if it was winter now !!! you'd get another gpu or 2 in there and it would still be super cool lol

loving the pictures of both your set ups andy / currob

temps outside have dropped now and my gpus temps have dropped aswell,

970 - 52c overclocked to 1500mhz
290 - 66c ( top card ) overclocked only 60 mhz

Last edited:
Associate
Started up again :) and mostly using main gaming PC in sig overnight (dedicated Folding PC is loaned to family member).

FAH is saying estimate PPD is 840k but early on I'm obviously not getting near that til several days time once bonus kicks in. Right now actual PPD is 38k.

EDIT, sorry misread the slots and all is well.

Last edited:
Soldato
Started up again :) and mostly using main gaming PC in sig overnight (dedicated Folding PC is loaned to family member).

FAH is saying estimate PPD is 840k but early on I'm obviously not getting near that til several days time once bonus kicks in. Right now actual PPD is 38k.

EDIT, sorry misread the slots and all is well.

:o you have 2 980tis... 840k ppd will be correct and some people get even higher with overclocks aswell

Back
Top Bottom