Folding@home News 1st - 8th October

Associate
First was DOA, second lasted about a week and then had a known issue so Gigabyte accepted the swap. Not sure about this one. Was fine until I installed the new Nvidia driver last night then it wouldn't reboot. Bios error codes go crazy, tried a rebuild today with no luck so its another knackered board. Going have to bite the bullet and get a slightly better board although I fell out with Asus kit a while back! Their X99 boards do seem to get the best reviews. Being the machine I also use for work as well as pleasure, I need it back up and running tomorrow so I'll be heading off to buy one immediately to hit deadlines I have. So usually I have to suck up the loss and when I get a replacement board sent thru an RMA I sell it on ebay. :(

Soldato
You been looking at the latest deals thread? So very very tempted but very broke atm !! :D
yeah. almost bought a pair of 780's, but with cyber monday or black friday and whatever other silly sales they have planned i think i'll hold off. i fancy a bit of skylake, but even then my pc budget for this year disappeared back in april, so i really shouldn't be destroying it any more than i already have especially with Christmas and an mot on the horizon as well.

Back
Top Bottom