Folding@home News 24th September - 1st October 2010

Man of Honour
Cheers guys.. made a bit of a booboo this morning, was assigning a spare to the RAID5 array and selected the wrong drive, only selected the one with my FAH folder on it! DOH!

Man of Honour
So it was the CPU all along? :(

Unfortunatly so, Ive got a 955 arriving tomorrow so I'll swap the chips and reinstall windows, providing all goes well I'll use my existing ram and stick the stuff I got from you on MM or fleabay, they seem to be going for quite high prices there.

I was rather fond of my Athlon x4 aswell, at least the 955 will give me a better chance of getting the 4ghz overclock I was trying for. Funnily enough it was trying for 4ghz that killed the board and the chip in the first place.

Soldato
Unfortunatly so, Ive got a 955 arriving tomorrow so I'll swap the chips and reinstall windows, providing all goes well I'll use my existing ram and stick the stuff I got from you on MM or fleabay, they seem to be going for quite high prices there.

I was rather fond of my Athlon x4 aswell, at least the 955 will give me a better chance of getting the 4ghz overclock I was trying for. Funnily enough it was trying for 4ghz that killed the board and the chip in the first place.

Good luck on getting a good price on them, I recommend not forwarding the invoice if you get more than the original price ;)

Back
Top Bottom