Folding@home News 8th - 15th October

Associate
Maybe i didn't leave it long enough

It could be this actually

I do need to learn to be patient (vaguely remember being made to write that 100 times by a teacher many years ago) :D

"Idle" and "Light" seem to do the same for me - machine pauses waiting for idle. "Medium" is producing ~300k ppd and "Full" ~430k ppd

Interesting thing is the gpu use, gpu temp and gpu power do not change between full and medium even though the ppd changes so much :confused:

Last edited:
Associate
Thanks for the update dekez, though you have dropped me out of the Single PC league from the last update - you forgot didn't you? :p :D

Btw, my Folding is haphazard with my schedule (I'm hardily in). When it does get running I try to keep it going for a full day or two than every other night, especially since we are doing so well atm.

Associate
Btw, my Folding is haphazard with my schedule (I'm hardily in). When it does get running I try to keep it going for a full day or two than every other night, especially since we are doing so well atm.

Im hardly ever in but pc runs 24/7, got Team viewer installed so can keep an eye on it from my phone whenever but no need to , just saying lol

Associate
Im hardly ever in but pc runs 24/7, got Team viewer installed so can keep an eye on it from my phone whenever but no need to , just saying lol

Thanks but my issue is heat related. Home is very well insulated and room with the window open reaches 26C very easily even with temps of 9C outside, can't imagine to think what it would be with it closed :eek:

Thought for a while it would be neat if there was a way to have my rads safely on the outside without corroding and not looking ugly, plus would be very low temps and make the rads passively cooled. Having my window open is annoying but I'll have to make do.

Sorry! Wasn't deliberate honest! :p I've added you again :)

Np it happens when you make the umpteenth update, where would be without you :p :cool:

Associate

I'd be lost without teamviewer, not having admin rights at work I can use the web based management console to connect to my pc's. I just hope they don't do what logmein did and scrap the free for personal use option.

Associate
Thanks but my issue is heat related. Home is very well insulated and room with the window open reaches 26C very easily even with temps of 9C outside, can't imagine to think what it would be with it closed :eek:

Thought for a while it would be neat if there was a way to have my rads safely on the outside without corroding and not looking ugly, plus would be very low temps and make the rads passively cooled. Having my window open is annoying but I'll have to make do.

Np it happens when you make the umpteenth update, where would be without you :p :cool:

heres how i do it, cant say its neat but it works :)

[url=http://imgur.com/AMTTOik] AMTTOik.jpg [/URL]

Associate
Thanks Andy, I like your thinking and certainly one way of doing it :)

If only I had that type of window I'd do that over the weekend but the single window opens entirely backwards from the top and only by a couple of inches. I didn't mention this but I have two 480 rads that would never fit like that as you'll know yourself from that single 360.

Associate
When i had my other rig running it kept the bedroom warm enough so the heating was off, now i have covered the open window with tape so now no draughts blowing in tho the heat from the rad is wasted.

Back
Top Bottom