Folding@Home Setup Guide: Illustrated for your pleasure

Associate
etting up EMIII
also by Bigstan

EMIII is another FAH monitoring program. Its full name is Electron Microscope III. It is more powerful and capable than FahMon but as a result it tends to use more system resources. It makes it far easier to monitor networked clients and generally produces more accurate completion tme predictions. The program can be downloaded from the EM site

Link doesnt work:confused:

Soldato
etting up EMIII
also by Bigstan

EMIII is another FAH monitoring program. Its full name is Electron Microscope III. It is more powerful and capable than FahMon but as a result it tends to use more system resources. It makes it far easier to monitor networked clients and generally produces more accurate completion tme predictions. The program can be downloaded from the EM site

Link doesnt work:confused:

The guy who wrote EMIII is no longer distributing the program - it should probably be removed from the guide.

FahMon is a good tool for monitoring, a lot simpler than EMIII but that's not a bad thing.

Associate
Hi,

I just started & installed this on an old Celeron machine at work, I only really use for Emails, so its a small start.

I've followed the user guide, which was easy enough to follow. The only question I've got at the moment is. In Fahmon, the client is showing with a yellow square. Is this because the machine needs time to do some work & figure out an ETA etc?

Any other tips would be much appreciated.

Soldato
Hi,

I just started & installed this on an old Celeron machine at work, I only really use for Emails, so its a small start.

I've followed the user guide, which was easy enough to follow. The only question I've got at the moment is. In Fahmon, the client is showing with a yellow square. Is this because the machine needs time to do some work & figure out an ETA etc?

Any other tips would be much appreciated.

correct - cause it has not finsihed an part of the work unit yet then it will still show as yellow till maybe 3/4% of the WU has completed.

Not sure how you will get on with the celeron as it's going to struggle to finish most WU's being fairly slow and old cpu.

Associate
Thanks. It looks like it will be painstakingly slow. 5 Days & 3 hrs to complete the WU! I'll see if I can dig out a newer machine from the store & hide it under my desk.

Cob

Cob

Soldato
Yeah just download the latest client for XP.

You're better pausing the GPU client before loading a game. You can try leaving the CPU client running. It should be fine, but stop it if it causes any issues.

Back
Top Bottom