Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 22nd June 2006

Man of Honour
A.N.Other said:
That sounds like a better idea to me. The problem with the other GD thread is that it keeps on getting resurrected. If you want to find it and close it, that would be useful, as you can't do another before the other one has been properly forgotten.
I'll close it once it's died. No probs.

Joe42 said:
Ok. I'll leave the poll for a week or two then and see about writing a gh thread.
Sorry, at least a month please. Otherwise we'll get beaten on for bending the rules too much ('why isn't this in the Distributed Computing forum?' and so on).

Associate
I think even at once a month you'd have your work cut out.

You'll reach a much larger audience at once a month for a year (12 threads) than you would if you did it more often.

Also consider that the poll could end up running for a while as people may come in with a lot questions in the form of... "I thought such and such, is this not so"... so we can spend time answering such questions about the myths behind Distributed Computing :)

Soldato
I will be including 'answers' to all the poll options in the thread to avoid too many questions needing to be asked.
Its ready and waiting for a suitable moment in a few weeks time.

Don
Joe42

sorry for the slow reply but I am away working in California at the moment

as the others have said threads re moderating policy are normally automatically locked

sorry you couldn't find my email , I will sort out making it easier

if you want to contact me my email is [email protected]

Back
Top Bottom