Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 22nd June 2006

Man of Honour
Joe42 said:
Sorry. I would have done at the time you see but a lack of email address for the relevant don prevented me doing so.
I assume by that you mean me. It's in my signature and in my trust. Always has been. Always will be. It's a nice easy one to remember too. :)

Soldato
Hey guys

Back from two days of no crunching and for pretty much nothing :(

Max stable [so far] OC I have got is 2365MHz. Which is pants considering I was already on 2300MHz when I started!

When the RAM is set really low I can get 2640MHz - but not sure I could live with that knowing my RAM was at something silly like 150MHz. Looks like a weak IMC at the moment.

Have posted in O&C so gonna see if I have missed anything. If not then I am really dissapointed in my 4400+

SiriusB

Man of Honour
Ah, you're right having caught up with the thread (stupid me for diving in head first - which I don't usually do :(). He did mean Don Rotty. Incidentally, his email address is public, but maybe not so obvious where to find it.

Anyway, I'm OK with having a GH thread (thought it was going to be GD again - diving in). I'm just very careful about letting too many get out of here because there would be a backlash.

sr4470 said:
Right now Yonah's probably best for PPD but its expensive..
Clock for clock, yes, possibly. I've got a 1.66GHz T2300 in the current folding competition. It's holding it's own, but not the outright fastest speed demon (that's held by a dual CPU beast (which obviously doesn't figure in this calculation), followed by an X2 I believe).

Soldato
Berserker said:
Clock for clock, yes, possibly. I've got a 1.66GHz T2300 in the current folding competition. It's holding it's own, but not the outright fastest speed demon (that's held by a dual CPU beast (which obviously doesn't figure in this calculation), followed by an X2 I believe).

FSB\shared cache holding it back?

Soldato
Berserker said:
I wasn't sure if he meant Rotty to do the poll, or me because I'm the Don in residence around here (when the French aren't invading. :p)
I posted a separate thread the other day asking why we can't make our own polls and it was locked by rotty. I did post this because i was thinking about the idea of doing a folding poll.
I wanted to question rotty because i take having one of my threads locked very seriously and i feel it was rather heavy handed, however he doesn't have an email address and appears to be uncontactable.

This left me feeling a bit raw which caused me to bring it up in passing in here.

I might also add that i think the locking of this thread was heavy handed and unnecessary, same goes for this one. I don't believe its against the rules to suggest forum improvements so these threads ought to be left open for discussion. Perhaps this could be brought up in the dons room?

Anyway, at the very least as he's now a don Rotty needs an email address.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Joe42 said:
I wanted to question rotty because i take having one of my threads locked very seriously and i feel it was rather heavy handed, however he doesn't have an email address and appears to be uncontactable.
It's standard procedure. We don't discuss moderating decisions on the forums (and as such I should remove your posts, but I won't), and we lock threads asking why this or that feature isn't available because once the question is answered, there really isn't a lot more to say besides random spam/IBTL/whatever posts. In otherwords, there's no vendetta or conspiracy to 'get' you.

Anyway, I would appreciate it if we could please get this thread back on topic. Since these threads stay around a while, I will be performing housekeeping on it at some point, for the reasons stated above.

Soldato
Berserker said:
Anyway, I would appreciate it if we could please get this thread back on topic. Since these threads stay around a while, I will be performing housekeeping on it at some point, for the reasons stated above.
Apologies. Perhaps you could ask rotty to put his email in his sig or something so i can contact him next time rather than posting in here.

Is it ok to post the next folding gd thread, the folding poll today?
Or is it too soon after the last gd thread.
Should i wait a few days or do it next week?

We have indeed regained our 48th place and our production is looking good too. Be aware that the active users has been artificially inflated a bit by the folding competition, however i think its still rising.

Soldato
sr4470 said:
Post it in GH.
Its the folding poll. Not really suitable for gh.
I can do a gh thread along the lines of my sig and leave the poll for another time if you like, but i'll have to go and write it. The poll is just about ready.

The gh thread is going to require some thought to prevent it being spam.

Soldato
Joe42 said:
Its the folding poll. Not really suitable for gh.
I can do a gh thread along the lines of my sig and leave the poll for another time if you like, but i'll have to go and write it. The poll is just about ready.

The gh thread is going to require some thought to prevent it being spam.

Posting 2 F@H threads within a week of each other in GD is more likely to viewed as spam...

Soldato
That sounds like a better idea to me. The problem with the other GD thread is that it keeps on getting resurrected. If you want to find it and close it, that would be useful, as you can't do another before the other one has been properly forgotten.

Soldato
A.N.Other said:
That sounds like a better idea to me. The problem with the other GD thread is that it keeps on getting resurrected. If you want to find it and close it, that would be useful, as you can't do another before the other one has been properly forgotten.
I think we'll give it until next week, that thread hasn't been on the front page for a while so i think its just about finished.

I'm thinking the best way to do a gh thread might be to do a race exactly like Berserkers Cruncher Slug out.

Back
Top Bottom