Folding@Home Weekly Team News - 26th August 2005

Associate
Kyzia said:
Nah... still 49 days till I get to you! :)

Thats presuming I'm crunching 24/7, I think :( Can only manage morning till night at the mo, go on call me a slacker :p
As for the parpage, just like rich said. I've just done my first PARP in Cell 33, just because everyone up until there was gone from the team or really slacking.

rich99million said:
who put that there?
honestly these Don's and their sneaky stealth edits

Berserker said:
You're just asking for trouble there. :p

Oops, sorry Rich :p

Associate
NeedleGunner said:
Thats presuming I'm crunching 24/7, I think :( Can only manage morning till night at the mo, go on call me a slacker :p
As for the parpage, just like rich said. I've just done my first PARP in Cell 33, just because everyone up until there was gone from the team or really slacking.

SLACKER!!!!

Well, you didn't expect me to pass up the opportunity did you?! :p

And thanks for the info on the parping! :)

Soldato
OP
diogenese said:
ahhh excellent :)

any event whose main sponsor is a brewery named after an animal has got to be good :D
i hope you'll be making the most of the brew - but remember that drink and steam don't mix well...

rich99million-Montparnasse2.jpg

...whoooops :eek:

sorry it had to be done :p

Associate
Kyzia said:
SLACKER!!!!

Well, you didn't expect me to pass up the opportunity did you?! :p

And thanks for the info on the parping! :)

I did actually
weinender_smili.gif

Only joking :)

Got an 3700 SD through the post this morning, so it will give me a chance to sort out my comp. In dire need of a format too, so I will be slacking for a bit, until it's OC'd to the max.

Soldato
OP
NeedleGunner said:
Got an 3700 SD through the post this morning, so it will give me a chance to sort out my comp. In dire need of a format too, so I will be slacking for a bit, until it's OC'd to the max.
good luck with the clocking - i think Concorde has his at 289x10 before it starts failing stuff, you'll have to annoy him for specifics though - then stomp his benchy scores :D

Soldato
OP
I think next week the slacker awards should be awarded to things that have made us slack over the course of the coming week - as serious or as funny as you like

I'd like to nominate FahCore_78.exe v1.84 and it's beautiful use of the "ERROR 0x79" which have so far this week been responsible for 2x600pts, 1x364pts, and 1x336pts WUs going to the big WU-bin in the sky. Total slackage so far - 1900 points :eek:

But i'm not bitter ;) :p

Associate
I think I should nominate my colleagues (probably my boss is the most likely culprit)... it looks like my computer has been turned off over the weekend (AGAIN) which means that I've wasted 3 whole days of potential crunching action. :(

That'll teach me for not leaving a message on my desk threatening to break the fingers of whoever keeps turning off my computer. :mad:

Last edited:
Associate
rich99million said:
Because you're FahCore_78 v1.84 in disguise? :p

lol,no I'm currently impersonating a crashed crash - free bios :(

Before installing my new SD I updated the BIOS to the newest one in readiness for some OC'ing. Alas it failed and I can't get it to post. Even after removing the chip. Mobo is dead :(

Soldato
OP
NeedleGunner said:
Before installing my new SD I updated the BIOS to the newest one in readiness for some OC'ing. Alas it failed and I can't get it to post. Even after removing the chip. Mobo is dead :(
:(

next time you'll flash it from windows - though i remember the day when that seemed crazy compared to the relatively safe option of a boot disk :o
can you RMA the board?

Associate
rich99million said:
Kyzia - a good trick I've heard is to say that it's scheduled for Windows Updates or System Optimisation over the weekend so it's all spritely for you to come back to next week :p

Lol... yeah, that could possibly work if it wasn't for the fact that the person I suspect of doing it is my boss and a fellow cruncher (though he won't crunch for team 10 no matter how much I try to persuade him)

So he knows the reason I want it left on over weekends etc. Me-thinks I need some creative revenge tactics...

I reckon there's a bit of lowkey sabotage going on personally :(

Back
Top Bottom