Folding type rig - What do I need?

Caporegime
AT the moment my rig is running with combined rails (30A) and seems completly stable so i would say yes. I think above 30A is just to be extremely on the safe side to be honest. Unfortunatly OCUK dont do the U15 480W but that may be a better bet unless you want to spend a bit more and get the next size up (530W?) as the cables are modular. You will find there are rather a lot of unused cables in your rig and it is rather messy. At the moment mine are stuck out the other side of the case. not the best option but all i can really think of.

Associate
When they're gone, they're gone.... Only £16 ATM, tho'.
Just 22 hours left...

There's a mobile number at the bottom for enquiries.

Last edited:
Caporegime
monkeypants said:
Ahhh, thanks Amp, the website doesn't say you can combine them. :)

Just looked at THIS. 34A on the 12V rail, or am I missing something?

That seems ok yes, although it says a 6 pin xeon power cable, not 8. :confused: I dont know if that would work but then it does say xeon power cable so...

EDIT: Just remembered the 6 pin is an older version for p2 or p3 or something. That wont work unless you got an adaptor.

Associate
BillytheImpaler said:
Yeah, they're (2.0 GHz Xeon SL6EM) good. Just not as good as the 1.6es.

Also, i'd ditch the link before a don sees it. No competitors and all that.

Uhhh there are loads of live links over in Motors and this thread is for the benefit of the folding community here. Do you really think I should remove it? Maybe I should report it myself and ask them to proceed accordingly?

EDIT: Oh I can't - can you do it for me?

Man of Honour
Soldato
Since OcUK doesn't sell automobile parts it's kosher to post ebay links to those things. However, OcUK does sell computer parts. It's Spie's business and Spie's forum so we have to play by his rules.

To edit a post, just hit the "edit" button at the lower right-hand side of the post.

I know you're just trying to be helpful so I hope I haven't put you off. :cool:

Caporegime
This is starting to get to the edge of my knowledge but i dont think it would cause any instability problems. The problem again may be finding a converter to go from 6>8.

Man of Honour
Soldato
'Aight then, this is the only photo I could dig up at work. It shows that the inner ones are all black (-12v?) and the outer ones are all yellow (+12v?). When I get home I can doublecheck those figures with a multimeter.
xeon70am.jpg

Back
Top Bottom