Foobar 2000 setting up

Soldato
OP
Tried Album art downloader but with such a large collection i cannot just search and pick myself for my music it has to find and download it like wmp used to do without input from me.

Not tried auto folder pic but if that auto finds and applys a album art then cool, if not and is like a manual find and apply thing then nope.

The buttons are better as right click involves well right click then left click to set whereas just click a button once is quicker.

Soldato
well i'd never like an application to download any old thing without user input. this is why i sifted through all mine manually. good luck with your hunt.

as for a toolbar, it only requires the right click once to add it to your layout.

Soldato
OP
Ah i get ya now. Ta its not as bad as i thought it was.

About manually doing album art well with album art downloader xui it said i had 192 that didnt have album art and i really dont have the will to do that many myself. Wmp did it fine i duno why i couldnt get somit like that for foobar.

Associate
Tried Album art downloader but with such a large collection i cannot just search and pick myself for my music it has to find and download it like wmp used to do without input from me.
The discogs tagging plugin will fetch album art from, well, Discogs, but the quality and availability can be a bit hit & miss, and again it will involve a degree of manual input which perhaps isn't what you want.

Could you not just do a batch convert of all your existing art to, say, 600x600px ? I know ACDSee can do it recursively (with an option to save the output in each source folder), and I'd be surprised if IrfanView couldn't as well.

Soldato
OP
Would batch it if i knew how to do it with as little effort as possible i.e tell irfanview to grab all images from music folder and convert em all to a certain res and hit do it now would it convert and save in the same folder as source folder with same name i.e overwrite and would it do branched folders i.e music/acdc discography/album1/

Hmm i think it can do all that. Trying it now.

Edit - Crap its just saved all of em in the one folder i.e e:/music instead of where the originals were located and should have replaced. :( Now i gotta clean em all. :(

Edit 2 - Hmm can only output to a single folder not source folders. Thats why i got 815 files where my music was just now :p

Last edited:
Associate
Edit 2 - Hmm can only output to a single folder not source folders. Thats why i got 815 files where my music was just now :p
I've just been trying it, and it will output to multiple nested folders - you need to select "Batch conversion - Rename result files", then in "Batch conversion settings > Use advanced options > Miscellaneous" choose "Overwrite existing files", then in "Batch rename settings" set "Name pattern" to "$d\$F" (without the quotes).

As you're overwriting the existing artwork, you might want to back it up first in case it all goes horribly wrong. :)

edit: actually, I'm not sure if $d\$F will work if you have deeply nested folders, if not it could all end up in a bit of a mess with stuff all over the place... might be an idea to do a practice run on a small test folder first.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom