Food you hate

Tea Drinker
Don
Apart from extremes like very hot curries and chillies not a lot, I detest fresh coriander it makes me gag and when in a curry house I have to ask several time for none sprinkled over the top, but the still bring it covered in the stuff.

Associate
Bananas. Can't be in the same room as someone eating one, makes me feel physically ill. It started as a child, I was forced to eat one, the texture and smell wasn't nice, going black with those stringy bits. My brother picked up that I don't like them, you know what kids are like. Even typing this, I can feel my gag reflex kicking in as if I'm going to vomit, definitely have a food aversion.

Soldato
I don't get the general dislike for celery. I can take it or leave it because it doesn't really have a taste...it's probably the most inoffensive food I know.
For me, it's sprouts. Ugh. Like the worst bits of cabbage compressed into an evil little ball. And don't tell me it's because I'm having them overcooked - I've tried many a different sprout.

POB

POB

Soldato
I know plenty of people that dislike coriander, but I am the complete opposite. It is by far my favourite herb to cook with and probably one of my favourite flavours. If I buy some in the supermarket I tend to start eating the leaves as I walk round. :D

I remember someone on this forum commenting before that apparently the dislike of coriander is genetic and some people can detect the nasty taste and some can't.

Caporegime
Baked beans, but I have seen myself eat them when I've been starving and there the only thing there. They smell makes me feel sick mind :(

Caporegime
Smoked Salmon - texture and smell and flavour instant retching.
Taramasalata - any fish based smooth whippy paste.
Shellfish - Slimey ones - had some nice scallops but cockels winkles?? no
Ive never really had a well cooked fish dish,

Back
Top Bottom