Football 12-14th Feb 2011 WHICH IS VALENTINE'S DAY ****SPOILERS****

Soldato
Yep massive blow, having him back would have meant the option of having Giggs on the bench and possibly changing the game for us if it's not going to plan.

Not sure how we've actually got through these past 6 weeks or so since he's been gone tbh as Giggs' surely hasn't played every game has he?

Man of Honour
OP
The other thing to remember is that Chelsea cant afford to give any EPL points away (ie concerntrate on CL) - otherwise they could be really ****** next season (not so much financially, but potentially more difficult attracting top players if you arent in next seasons CL) - it could potentially be much worse for them to take the EPL more casually and concerntrate on the CL, lose out on any potential CL spot for next season and then bomb out of CL anyway (which is quite possible given their current form and position in the table)

It would be somewhat funny though after Torres' comments if Chelsea weren't to qualify for next year's competition. I guess that's where the £50m price came from. Just like it was worth Wenger splashing out for Arshavin for example.

Last edited:
Soldato
It would be somewhat funny though after Torres' comments if Chelsea weren't to qualify for next year's competition. I guess that's where the £50m price came from. Just like it was worth Wenger splashing out for Arshavin for example.

It would be absolutely halarious if it happened :D

Not sure why its "breaking" news today - I mentioned over the weekend Park was out for a month in this thread (cant remember which site had the info originally)

Big loss though - hopefully 4 weeks is worst possible scenario and it end up being less

Valencia will get a sub appearance before Park gets on the field I would suggest - although that wont be for a couple of weeks at a complete guess

Last edited:
Associate
Really bad result against us today. Letting a goal in that early was criminal and we were at home, where we supposed to be strong. We did create some chances but it wasn't our day. Bring on Sheffield Wednesday this week then the mighty Arsenal for the carling cup final the week after. Can't be to dissapointed !!!!

Back
Top Bottom