Football Banter Thread

Associate
8456.jpg

fez

fez

Caporegime
Don't forget she couldn't catch it so actually really difficult to control. Still bad though!

Yeah, it was a bit confusing when you first saw it because she seemed to just miss it. Then you see the close up a remember that your probably shouldn't handle the ball from a back pass. Thats 99% the players fault and not a lot the keeper can do there.

Caporegime
Why do so many football people like players and coaches cover their mouths when talking?

Some people say it’s so they cannot be lip read, although I can’t see the point in that. You’re not giving away vital military secrets by telling your team to go to three at the back. I wonder if it could also be something to do with exercise induced halitosis.

Man of Honour
Ref banned for 3 weeks for doing RPS to decide the kickoff: https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/46202509

Thought this was a bit harsh personally, given that:
1) Typically there is no particular advantage from winning the kick-off in a professional league match
2) The alternative would be what, delay the kick-off while he jogs off to find a coin from somewhere? How is that good for anyone.

I get the point that he is being punished for forgetting his coin but a 3 week ban is usually more than players get for violent conduct at this stage of the season. No harm done in this case.

Back
Top Bottom