Football Banter Thread

Don
BBC on the whole are fine, its Garth Crooks, to be expected as he has consistently come out with guff over the years.
I'm not sure. The likes of Shearer and Murphy make things up as they go along. One weekend they're judging a penalty call and it's "there's not enough contact for him to go down like that, it's not a penalty" then the next it's "there's contact/it's smart play from the attacker, it's a penalty.

Permabanned
I'm not sure. The likes of Shearer and Murphy make things up as they go along. One weekend they're judging a penalty call and it's "there's not enough contact for him to go down like that, it's not a penalty" then the next it's "there's contact/it's smart play from the attacker, it's a penalty.

Ah there is that but pundits gonna pundit, the good ones are pretty rare I find.

Soldato
Why? That would be like politicians pointing fingers at each other. They don't want to pull on that thread for fear of closer scrutiny. The whole organisation is completely corrupt and has been for god knows how long. Wherever there are vast sums of money to be made you can be 100% sure that corruption is rife.
presumably so they can wrangle a legal basis to renegotiate the terms of their lease by getting it declared criminal and thus illegitimate or some such?

Soldato
Oldie but goldie:-

The Sheffield Utd team visited Sheffield Children's hospital giving out presents to the kids today.

It was heartbreaking seeing their sad little faces with no hope said George aged 6.

:D

Caporegime
Just wondered, has anyone ever seen Timo Werner score? I only follow the footy on MotD, and I think the only footage of him they have is blazing wide and holding his head in his hands..

Hope he was a free transfer or something.

Caporegime
Not sure I'd count Morata or Torres. Morata has been average everywhere he's been and Torres passed his career peak before he even got to Chelsea, he just continued at the same level.

I'll give Werner more time though, we write off signings far too quickly. He's playing in a completely different league, in a different position, in a different style of team to what he was used to.

fez

fez

Caporegime
Not sure I'd count Morata or Torres. Morata has been average everywhere he's been and Torres passed his career peak before he even got to Chelsea, he just continued at the same level.

I'll give Werner more time though, we write off signings far too quickly. He's playing in a completely different league, in a different position, in a different style of team to what he was used to.

He’s still been awful. It’s not like he hasn’t been getting really good chances. You can level that criticism at someone played out of position or expected to do something alien to them but he’s missed so many sitters for any half decent striker of any type.

Caporegime
In Germany he could run past loads of their slow centre backs and just roll it home.

Now he’s up against tight back lines and not as many busses for CBs he’s struggling.

Lots of German players over the years have struggled in this league. Particularly when coming straight from the Bundesliga.

Don
In Germany he could run past loads of their slow centre backs and just roll it home.

Now he’s up against tight back lines and not as many busses for CBs he’s struggling.

Lots of German players over the years have struggled in this league. Particularly when coming straight from the Bundesliga.

His positioning and play off the ball has been really good, its his finishing that lets him down, I'm sure if he gets some confidence then the composure will improve and the goals will come.

Soldato

I'd take Werner at arsenal all day long. quality player he is

Soldato
Every time I've seen Werner play he's missed a sitter. Seems very wasteful during attacking play too, got a long way to go before he looks anywhere near value for money.

Back
Top Bottom