Football Banter Thread

Yea they have and its a little bit hypocritical especially as by all accounts they were offering the same deal but i get their point. It's all a bit mad, i cant help but think Madrid should have slept on this lol.
The kicker is, apparently they pulled out of the Haaland deal because they thought they had Mbappe done and dusted PMSL

I am offended. Man Utd are not rubbish, they are abysmal, ****, devoid of any creativity. Hopefully this will get a reaction from the lads in 3 months time.

Ticket prices from 1981. Brighton and Southampton taking liberties. Man City same price as Halifax :D
Mind you, beer was 50p a pint then and 20 tabs was 78p!

The things that get me are:
  • Swansea having the cheek to charge £75 despite not being in the top flight, that's more than the likes of Forest, Villa, Liverpool etc who were bringing home European Cups around that sort of time.
  • Season tickets often being considerably more expensive than just buying a single ticket every week, for grounds that weren't selling out it seems to me season tickets were a rip off as the ratio is like more than 30x a match ticket for a lot of teams.
  • Generally not much difference across divisions, cheapest standing ticket in any division is £1, most expensive £2.

TBF its only £299 for a season ticket now at City. Absolute bargain when you think about it.

Thats just how supply and demand works. When no one wants your product it has to be cheap :p

All joking aside I'm sure in 10 years City will have far more fans. They play good football and seem to generally run the club well from a fan perspective. If you can ignore the obvious elephant in the room of course.

Back
Top Bottom