Football Banter Thread

It's probably a somewhat different perspective when you're a fan of one of the teams in the two team race to the title :p

For everyone else, the last few seasons just look like the top of the table is getting further away from the rest of the field, akin to the Barca/Real La Liga situation of a few years back.

17/18 - City 19 points clear of 2nd
18/19 - City and Liverpool 25 points clear of 3rd
19/20 - Liverpool 18 points clear of 2nd, City 15 points clear of 3rd
20/21 - City 12 points clear of 2nd
21/22 - City and Liverpool 10 points clear of 3rd with 9 games to play

These days it feels like unless Liverpool put together a good season, it's unlikely anyone else will come close to City :p

To be fair to Liverpool, they didn’t get where they are by having a monopoly over the tv money or by obscene investment like the other teams mentioned.
That's not the point. The point Is Liverpool and city have been miles away from everyone else for a few seasons.

The gap between the invincible and the treble winning Man United where not miles away from the rest of the majority of the league compared to today with city and Liverpool

Being a Bayern fan must feel a bit hollow tbh. Where’s the glory in repeatedly winning a league with no competition? The fans must find it hard to get that sense of euphoria at a title win that we get

I barely watched the league in 00's because it was boring winning it all the time. Now I feel bad because I took it for granted :p.

Carragher Claims Man United Tried To Sign Gerrard | Agree To Disagree | SPORTbible | @LADbible TV

In this episode of Agree to Disagree in partnership with Sky Bet, Liverpool legend Jamie Carragher, tells Manchester United icon Roy Keane about the time Gary Neville tried to poach Steven Gerrard for Sir Alex Ferguson. The two pundits went head-to-head, debating the Liverpool v Manchester United at length as well as discussing a host of football's biggest questions:

- Steven Gerrard v Paul Scholes - who was better?
- Is Man Utd v Liverpool still the biggest rivalry in English football?
- Will Pep overtake Sir Alex as the best manager in Premier League history?
- Does Gary Neville talk too much?!

Back
Top Bottom