Football Banter Thread

Forest Green Rovers:

Our players benefit from improved performance thanks to a vegan diet.

bcX0AxT.jpg

Besides Chelsea they all are. Aston Villa may stay above them after Sunday.

I think Brighton have been outstanding this year and with some young players in the squad the future is bright. I can't see them selling anybody easily, especially now they have some European football.

Newcastle, well the Gulf money ain't going to hinder them. Yes they've spent the second highest since their takeover but that's still almost half of what Chelsea have spent in the same period. Chelsea. They needed the investment too.

I think CL is deserved this season for them, not just bought.
Go look at this season transfers spend table then come back.

Your not even close.

Newcastle is 5th!!!!!!!!

Also it takes years to build a team so go look at a 5year period.

Last edited:
Go look at this season transfers spend table then come back.

Your not even close.

Newcastle is 5th!!!!!!!!

Also it takes years to build a team so go look at a 5year period.
Calm down cupcake, I said since the takeover, not the season.

I was just looking at here (dated 3rd April)
https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...-league-table-since-takeover-sales-transfers/

Here’s the net spend table since Newcastle’s takeover last year. Figures are via transfermarkt.

20. Brighton – £69.16million (profit)
19. Manchester City – £42.84million (profit)
18. Leicester City – £30.58million (profit)
17. Everton – £9.05million (profit)
16. Leeds United – £37.7million
15. Brentford – £43.09million
14. Fulham – £43.86million
13. Crystal Palace – £47.79million
12. Aston Villa – £68.22million
11. Bournemouth – £81.09million
10. Liverpool – £88.04million
9. Wolves – £107.45million
8. Southampton – £121.93million
7. Arsenal – £151.88million
6. West Ham – £154.17million
5. Tottenham – £154.92million
4. Nottingham Forest – £163.17million
3. Manchester United – £198.66million
2. Newcastle – £254.8million
1. Chelsea – £482.64million

I don't really actually care, I was just making the point that Newcastle deserve their position and it's not down to buying a place in the CL.

Edit: I am looking at net spend btw

Last edited:
Calm down cupcake, I said since the takeover, not the season.

I was just looking at here (dated 3rd April)
https://www.planetfootball.com/quic...-league-table-since-takeover-sales-transfers/

Here’s the net spend table since Newcastle’s takeover last year. Figures are via transfermarkt.

I don't really actually care, I was just making the point that Newcastle deserve their position and it's not down to buying a place in the CL.

Edit: I am looking at net spend btw
Like I said come back in a few years to see a better figure.

It takes years to build a team buying and selling you pulled numbers from 2 seasons 3 windows.

You buy assets you sell assets.

Leeds spent 20million less than us over a 3 year period.

What have they bought Cheese? relegation?

Last edited:
Like I said come back in a few years to see a better figure.

It takes years to build a team buying and selling you pulled numbers from 2 seasons 3 windows.

You buy assets you sell assets.

Leeds spent 20million less than us over a 3 year period.

What have they bought Cheese? relegation?
Jeez dude, calm down with the defensiveness.

Come back when you've actually read my posts. If you stop being /default angry/ you may actually realise you're disagreeing with things we agree on.

Jeez dude, calm down with the defensiveness.

Come back when you've actually read my posts. If you stop being /default angry/ you may actually realise you're disagreeing with things we agree on.
All good dude.

Your original post said #spend#

Then switch to net spend.

Net spend over 3 windows is an awful metric.

City have made profit? Last season and an overall loss of 34m over two season ^^

All good dude.

Your original post said #spend#

Then switch to net spend.

Net spend over 3 windows is an awful metric.

City have made profit? Last season and an overall loss of 34m over two season ^^
Ah sorry bud, yeah I should have double checked, net spend isn't the best is it. I thought it all looked a bit odd. My bad on that one. (e: I admit I only noticed it was net spend after I posted the table)

In any case, I think Newcastle have had a mind blowing year - great to see them in the CL next season. :)

I think I should limit myself until a 7am cutoff for posting too.

Last edited:
He is so average its ridiculous how much love he gets from the Newcastle fans.
To be fair I think he's more of symbol of the change at the club tbh, he epitomises the transformation in the last 18 months. Signed under Bruce (for a bonkers fee) and played as a CF he was beyond hopeless, looked like he had barely played the game in his life. Not quite Ali Dia vibes but definitely looked like he would never cut it in the Premier League.
Granted, he's no Casemiro but he is the absolute engine in the middle of the midfield in a top 4 side that looks so much weaker when he doesn't play. He gives it his all in every game, never shirks a challenge, chips in with a few goals, plays with a smile on his face and genuinely looks like he loves being there. He is a lad that would run through the proverbial brick wall and is the very embodiment of evidence of the difference between Steve Bruce and Eddie Howe. Almost all of the players in this squad have improved their game but none as much as him.

That's why we love him. :)

Back
Top Bottom