Football bet

Permabanned
Just wanted to know what you guys think about my chances on my william hill coupon. I did 9 teams to win, 6 are in so far.

* Arsenal v Wolves – 90 Minutes
* Hull v Preston – 90 Minutes
* Middlesbrough v Swansea – 90 Minutes
* Southampton v Carlisle – 90 Minutes
* Dundee v Raith Rovers – 90 Minutes
* Hamilton v Hearts – 90 Minutes
* Arsenal v Barcelona – 90 Minutes
* FC Copenhagen v Chelsea – 90 Minutes
* Marseille v Man Utd – 90 Minutes

* Arsenal @ 1/4
* Hull @ 4/6
* Swansea @ 15/8
* Southampton @ 1/2
* Dundee @ 6/5
* Hearts @ 17/20
* Barcelona @ 8/11
* Chelsea @ 8/15
* Man Utd @ EVS

* Won
* Won
* Won
* Won
* Won
* Won
* –
* –
* –

Just waiting on barcelona to beat arsenal tomorrow. chelsea to beat copenhagen next week and united to beat marseille. I get 4 grand back if it comes in, upgrade time again then maybe haha.

Soldato
i posted it in other section because someone said to. i didnt know i cant close one. sorry

It's ok, I'm sure a passing Don will lock/remove/merge said thread :)

As I advised already though, if you get in a position to cover yourself then I'd definately advise doing so, but depends how much you have to bet with.

If the last game is 0-0 at half-time I'd probably back the "double chance" bet and spread the 4k over both bets, that way you can't lose but are halving the potential winnings. I'd still take 2k though!

daz

daz

Soldato
That's like saying "I was only 3 numbers away from winning the lottery!".

You're being offered odds of 200/1 because 199 times out of 200 your bet wouldn't have come off. (Even moreso than that, because of the bookies' overround is compounded on accumulators).

If you're going to get in to betting research the mathematics of bookmaking.

Soldato
I have done a few accumulators, my first one came in, £10 down, £20 free bet, 5 games, won £240, however I done another 7 or 8 accumulators (probably around 5-6 games each) during the world cup, all which I thought would be sure winners.

None of them came in.

Accumulators are hit and miss, it could all go horribly wrong at the worst of times.

daz

daz

Soldato
Just to add, the chance of a draw in professional football is usually around 25% - so the chance of there being no draws across nine matches is low enough - let alone picking the winners. It's great for a bit of fun but 9 matches is pushing your luck a bit. :p

Good luck to you if it comes off - but don't see this as a way of making easy money.

Permabanned
OP
Fair enough i get what your saying. well i can only hope. On paper the 3 games left i feel would come in. Next time maybe ill stick with 6/7 games. But you never know, i may still have the needed luck for this one.

Back
Top Bottom