For anyone interested in bikes/harleys/choppers

Soldato
my dads building two choppers at the moment, here's his sweet swedish chop in its current state (far from finished). Shame the pictures don't do it justice :cool: Excuse the corsa, it's a courtesy car

dsc00065mediumus8.jpg

dsc00066mediumsb8.jpg

dsc00067mediumtc1.jpg

dsc00068mediumex1.jpg

dsc00069mediumxf8.jpg

dsc00071mediumsh9.jpg

dsc00072mediumxz3.jpg

dsc00073mediumpt4.jpg

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
cheers, it's all a bit hectic and messy at the moment lol, check his giant new black toolbox, it's a beast.

the car on the left is a 911 carrera 2S

Caporegime
Im not a bike fan in terms of riding them, but I love them as pieces of design. Especially Choppers. I love American Chopper on Discovery, althought I think programs like Biker Buildoff show of much better quality bikes, but theres just less episodes of them,

Looking at that first bike in its unfinished state, i remembered one of the Biker Buildoff programs I saw where the builder had no front brake and the clutch was controlled through a twist grip on the left, just like the throttle on the right. It meant the bars were completely clean with no levers or anything, just the bars and grips. It may be worth researching as the frontend of that bike is very smooth and clean, would ruin it to stick some levers and wires on it.

Soldato
OP
well i'm not sure what hand controls he's ordered but all i know at the moment is that it is a hydraulic clutch and they cost over £2000!! you can be sure whatever he does it'll look good and have no expense spared :D

he makes a lot of the parts himself, he's had harleys/street fighters/trikes in magazines and has loads of trophies from bike shows

the wheels are mad, they are highly polished solid discs, so polished they look transparent :D

Soldato
how does he deal with the sva'ing? always fancied a chop but the thought of all the paperwork and inspections put me off

Soldato
OP
how does he deal with the sva'ing? always fancied a chop but the thought of all the paperwork and inspections put me off

he's never had any problems in the past, just done what he thought was enough to make it road legal and it always has turned out to be enough :p

although sometimes it has required bits being swapped for more "legal" versions temporarily :D

Soldato
OP
he's usually a man for colour but with this one he can't get black out of his head, with like 2000 coats of laquer on it so it's super glossy and deep. He's toying with the idea of a faint ghosting of a spine down the middle of it just to give it a little something extra but these ideas are likely to change knowing him

Soldato
OP
he was saying this morning it has some sort of kickass ecu on it, but it won't let you rev over 2500rpm for the first like 2k or whatever so you have no choice but to run it in properly! Then you hit the magic number and wheelie off in to the sunset :D

Soldato
OP
i'm not sure what size the motor is, i'll ask him. It's brand new but probably has uprated cams and stuff, his heritage in the background has had performance upgrades so it's now something like a 1450... it has stupid torque.

i'll get the full spec off him for anyone interested

got to love the primo belt drive...

Soldato
OP
small pipes don't mean quiet with harleys....especially when they are that short

they have silencers in them for sva, which will get removed afterwards ;)

Back
Top Bottom