For anyone interested in bikes/harleys/choppers

Soldato
Yeah i was referring to the silencers tbh. You can see they're not straight pipes.

Got a californian import Heritage. I love the sound. Even ticking over, it's beautiful. Reminds me of my father. Cant even ride it, just go out and start it up every now and then, give it a blat. just to escape for 5 minutes y'know? :p

Far too heavy for me i'm afraid. At 5'7" i'm not really in the position (a-ha) to ride it. I imagine i'd be alright until i came to the first set of lights and have to put my feet down, then i'd struggle. Looking at the 1200 Nighttrain for the summer though.

Soldato
OP
Yeah i was referring to the silencers tbh. You can see they're not straight pipes.

Got a californian import Heritage. I love the sound. Even ticking over, it's beautiful. Reminds me of my father. Cant even ride it, just go out and start it up every now and then, give it a blat. just to escape for 5 minutes y'know? :p

Far too heavy for me i'm afraid. At 5'7" i'm not really in the position (a-ha) to ride it. I imagine i'd be alright until i came to the first set of lights and have to put my feet down, then i'd struggle. Looking at the 1200 Nighttrain for the summer though.

yea they will be gettin removed as soon as sva is complete hehe

I'm sure you could manage, my dads only 5 '7 and has had no problems with various heritage's, fatboys, soft tail customs etc. Although if you're trying to move it about and they catch you off balance you're screwed hehe

yea i've grown up around the sound of harleys and around harley riders, I like sports bikes too but can't help calling them "sewing machines" as all the harley guys do due to their poor noise hehe :p

Soldato
OP
Now this is what I call progress...

stripped3dc6.jpg

stripped4pa8.jpg

stripped1eb8.jpg

We've stripped it all down and had the frame sent away for powdercoating, has come back looking great. Few other bits and bobs done but nothing worth mentioning.

stripped2dn0.jpg

I'll need to take some pictures of the workshop we've just had built and finished setting up to house all his lathes/milling machines and other tools :D epic play house for men

Soldato
OP
What kind of HD is that in the background?.

Not a fan at all of this type of bike, but that Harley looks really nice. :cool:

the one in the background is a heritage soft-tail, just a cruiser really, great for doing miles. It has been tuned a bit with new cams etc so can really pull on the open road :D

Soldato
Looks lovely.

A friend of mine has a V-Rod and it's one of the only HD's I have seen in the flesh and thought "Yeah.....nice!!!!".

But that soft tail looks pretty cool. Got any more pics of it?.

I'm a v-twin fan ( you can tell by my sig....lol ) but in a sports bike manner only. :cool:

Soldato
OP
Looks lovely.

A friend of mine has a V-Rod and it's one of the only HD's I have seen in the flesh and thought "Yeah.....nice!!!!".

But that soft tail looks pretty cool. Got any more pics of it?.

I'm a v-twin fan ( you can tell by my sig....lol ) but in a sports bike manner only. :cool:

yea I might do, I'll have a rake for some of that and his old prize winning soft tail custom which was an absolute beast.

Will also look for some of his customised ducati monster dark and his crazy streetfighter he built (916 parts/r1 parts and custom parts mated with a buell racing engine :D) oh and the prize winning trike :)

Soldato
OP
Sooooo I've been crap at updating this, lots of cosmetic things done but not fitted, but anyway yesterday we had the epic first start. This is it with the silencers fitted (to pass tests), my ears were wrecked after like a minute of standing next to it :D

Had a bit of electrical issues which we'll need to sort, including the horn button deciding to belch out smoke and weld its wires together...ah well that's half the fun :)

Back
Top Bottom