Ford Ka 2012 Misfire

Soldato
Hi Crayford Cortina
My daughter is having the exact same miss fire problem on a 2013 Ford KA but this ONLY started after a timing belt kit and water pump were put into it at the 50,000 mile service.
Running around town its fine but as soon as she goes on a journey and hits 70 mph bingo (she gets all the warning lights etc) switch ignition off and back on again and it runs like a dream with no loss of power etc.

Just going to try your phonic wheel relearn theory.

How long do i keep it at 5000 rpm and how long do i let it idle for in between the 3 sets of revs ??

Thanks
Andy

Phonic relearn cures it 99% of the time it's really common.

Associate
Hi all

My sister has a 1.25l Ford Ka late 2012. It throws the following codes:

P0300 - Random/Multiple Misfire
P0301 - Clyinder 1 Misfire
P0304 - Cylinder 4 Misfire

It started Sunday last week, having only been serviced the Saturday. Having full service, including spark plugs, timing belt and water pump.

The misfire will only happen at speed, 60/70mph. It starts up fine and drive around town, pull away with no feeling of being down on power.

Was serviced and timing belt etc changed by the same garage and technician who we've used for years for this and other vehicles. They rechecked timing and also threw a set of leads on it and re-checked basics.

I've taken it to a friend of mine who's a tech at another garage.

We pulled the plugs and checked those, cleaned throttle body and swapped the coil. All to no avail.

I am going down the line of it's probably a coil taken out the ECU with it as when it misfires you can pull over, cycle the key and the misfire will have gone away.

Anybody had any similar experiences? Any suggestions?

Many thanks in advance!
Hi, my car of the same age has just developed the exact same problem! Did you have any luck finding out what the problem was?
Many thanks

Back
Top Bottom