Formula Boinc 2016

Associate
Hey guys, this morning I think I've finally got my x79 based pc running again without getting the irq errors that were shutting it down all the time. Full clean install of Win10 this morning and not install lots of old Asus drivers.
BONIC and Folding reinstalled and both just started running so we shall see how it goes. Fingers crossed no more issues and I can put it back in the attic to run 24/7 hopefully.

Midas will be next need to figure out why she won't boot. I'm on NFS so until someone tells me otherwise that's what I'll be doing, are there any opptomized apps I should be using again I canna mind? Getting old !!

I forgot to say only reason I'm on one 970 is I lent one to my brother but he's never returned it yet even though he keeps promising!

Associate
how is everybodys temps with the slight bit of warmer weather? I really should look to find some cheap G34 water blocks and do a cheap hillbilly set up

taxas - told you I had some more gpu power for moo wrapper ;) over 500k points in one day with just one gpu, and if need be i could switch my nvidias over from asteroids if we need the power to help us get up another step, together we did 1 million points yesterday :)

have 2 maybe 4 G34 water blocks spare if you are looking.....

Soldato
OP
Climate prediction has been axed from the stats, dropping us 25pts. I can only guess it's to do with the scoring as FreeDC is showing all of today's scores as minuses. Don't if it's a temporary or permanent exclusion, no news on the FB site. Scores between 1st & 2nd now very close.

Soldato
OP
Midas will be next need to figure out why she won't boot. I'm on NFS so until someone tells me otherwise that's what I'll be doing, are there any opptomized apps I should be using again I canna mind? Getting old !!

What's wrong with midas, what happens when you try to boot? You can use a usb stick to log the crash dump if it partially boots.

Soldato
Climate prediction has been axed from the stats, dropping us 25pts. I can only guess it's to do with the scoring as FreeDC is showing all of today's scores as minuses. Don't if it's a temporary or permanent exclusion, no news on the FB site. Scores between 1st & 2nd now very close.

I was sat there for a good 20 minutes looking while scratching my head thinking WTF, were have all our points gone :confused:.

Associate
See this post...http://climateapps2.oerc.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/forum_thread.php?id=8096&nowrap=true#53634

They appear to have had a hardware failure and stats from June 2015 are sitting out there. They're working on rebuilding the correct stats.

Last edited:
Soldato
when you get time strip it down to its basics outside of the case, 1 cpu , onboard gpu , 1 stick of ram ect. I know its not easy given all the watercooling but it makes far better for fault elimination.

Soldato
OP
See this post...http://climateapps2.oerc.ox.ac.uk/cpdnboinc/forum_thread.php?id=8096&nowrap=true#53634

They appear to have had a hardware failure and stats from June 2015 are sitting out there. They're working on rebuilding the correct stats.

OK thanks, fair enough, makes it more exciting ;)

Powers up, no beeps or anything I get the cpu initialize Q-Code and it does nothing else, no signal to monitor or anything.

I don't know, It's not similar to the problem I had. I tried to disable speed step so that the xeons where on turbo all the while, even when idle, sometimes my clock speed is the idle speed even when all cores are in use, anyway I ended up killing the MB, mine just looped, I do think something was wrong in the first place as all I did was alter the turbo & c-state ..etc. never again though, I don't touch it now.

PDW

PDW

Associate
Nice yafu'ing there hanluc :cool:

I gave it a try but wasn't impressed with the multi-core running, interested to know how you have it set up, pm me over there if it is top secret :D

PDW

PDW

Associate
They didn't try very hard on Atlas, we should gain 2 points and them lose 2 points in the next couple of days as Andy is joining in.

By the way, they seem to have fixed their validation problems, haven't had a single failure in the last 2 days, before then it was 1 or 2 every 300 or so tasks. Running very sweetly, expect those asking for it in the vault will raise it again. The admins have been asking for more people to run it to see how well it handles the extra work.

Lastly, monkeys are once again loose aboot the hoose :)

Associate
lol, I've been trying to copy your recipe but I think mine is a cheap imitation, wears off too quickly.

Purely a function of Credit Screw (I think). I found that you could do this trick several years ago and I've done it 2 times before this one. Both of those did well but lasted a much shorter period. Like I said on TSBT, I have a couple of machines that CN is in love with and other identical machines that it isn't. CN, the random credit generator. I really don't have an answer ... I wish that I did. And yes, I would tell you if I knew :)

EDIT: BTW, CN does eventually figure it out and returns your credits to a little above normal.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom