Formula E 2014/2015 season

Caporegime
Is the race delayed? This just feels like drawn out filler?

And with the terrible tyres having zero grip anyway you'd think they would try and clear some of the dust away too?

"I like apples" :D

Caporegime
There making a big thing about this being the first FE race in America, but didn't the US have the first single seater electric series a decade ago?

Edit: 2 decades ago! Formula Lightneing in 1994!

Associate
Bird was too busy racing and forgot to keep an eye on his usage. Full respect for Scott speed. Great job. would have been delighted if he won. But 2nd is still a great result

Caporegime
Another decent, but not exceptional, race. I'm liking Formula E but I'm not finding it's grabbing me like some other formulas. I'm not sure whether that's just down to the odd timetable and the seemingly constant coming and going of drivers during the season.

Caporegime
It was on in the background but I didn't really care. Only the excitement if the commentary in the last few laps grabbed my attention.

For me its too much of a lucky dip with the rubbish tracks and awful tyres. Birds overtake was nice, but it could have easily been a clumsy collision with other drivers or the barrier.

There also just slow.

More grip would make them 1000% better.

Soldato
This could become my favourite series, but it needs improvement. The tracks are shockingly bad for overtaking, tyres are rubbish, and the commentary (ITV) is rubbish too. It doesn't even sound like they are actually at the race track.

The pit stops are also daft they need to be more professional. It seems to be guess work as to whether they are over or under the 63 second limit. I think vergne lost some 7s. Crazy.

Soldato
I do like the concept, though they should definitely do 2-3 sprint races rather than the car change. There's a little bit of strategy in doing the change, but not a huge amount - and definitely not enough to be worth it. Plus I couldn't believe how much time Vergne lost in the pit stop basically due to an arbitrary rule. Perhaps they need an unsafe release penalty and no minimum time to spice things up.

Sprint races would also free up the opportunity to run at qualifying power too.

Caporegime
www.formulaezone.com/?p=1908

Fan boost not getting an increase is odd, but this article does confirm that, as I hoped, while everyone will be using the same battery as each other next year, it will be a more powerful battery than this year. Seems like a good strategy for the moment, keep the playing field level but push the battery tech forward each year.

Associate
See I'm not sure fanboost is actually a boost. As they'll go quicker for a few seconds but have to save that energy later in the race. Unless they're allowed to use slightly more of the over all power usage per car. As I know they need to leave x amount in the battery so they dont just suddenly stop on the track.

Caporegime
That article doesn't mention batteries as far as I can see. It refers to the power limit of the motors increasing but nothing on overall battery capacity.

True but it is implied. They can't run the cars at 150KW now because the battery would run out, so they must be running larger batteries next year.

Unless they are making the races shorter?

Man of Honour
OP
Totally didn't realise there was a face today.
FIA Formula E Championships Live(Motoring)

Saturday, April 4th, 2015 on itv4 from 11:00pm to 1:30am

Rated 3 stars

Image for FIA Formula E Championships Live

Jennie Gow hosts live coverage of round six of the Formula E Championship as the racers head from Miami to the West Coast of the United States to Long Beach in California. The first five races of the season produced five different winners, meaning the gap from Nico Prost to the rest in the drivers standings is slim at the half way stage of the season. Commentary by Jack Nicholls and Dario Franchitti, with on site reporting from Nicki Shields

Caporegime
Christ, a 2.5 hour show! Considering the race is 35 minutes, how much extra waffle and guff are they wrapping this with now!

I caught a bit of the filler for the Miami race and it was painfully awful.

I assume an 11pm show means a 12am race start?

Back
Top Bottom