• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

FORUM MEMBER ONLY DEAL: ASUS ROG STRIX 2080Ti WITH MASSIVE DISCOUNT - CHEAPEST IN UK & IN STOCK!!!

Soldato
That doesn't make any sense, there's a card for every budget. It's like looking at the price of a Ferrari and saying "That's a ridiculous price. No wonder cars are dying".

Im on a budget so I'm really looking forward to Navi in 5 months :D

Its nothing like a Ferrari, a Ferrari doesn’t get superceeded a few years time by a mid ranged car like a Passat. The last gen equivalent 1080Ti was nearly half the price of this card and the gen before that was even cheaper. If these high gpu prices continue it will push people away from pc gaming.

Last edited:
Associate
That doesn't make any sense, there's a card for every budget. It's like looking at the price of a Ferrari and saying "That's a ridiculous price. No wonder cars are dying".

Im on a budget so I'm really looking forward to Navi in 5 months :D
Unfortunately with people still buying them at well over a grand we can expect prices to rise even further in the future.

When the titan first launched at £1000 people laughed at the price until people actually bought them which drove prices up across the board. Nvidia saw that people was willing to pay £1000+ for a gaming gpu (which previously would be the x80 card at £400-500)

Caporegime
Unfortunately with people still buying them at well over a grand we can expect prices to rise even further in the future.

When the titan first launched at £1000 people laughed at the price until people actually bought them which drove prices up across the board. Nvidia saw that people was willing to pay £1000+ for a gaming gpu (which previously would be the x80 card at £400-500)
It is up to the buyer what they buy with their own money surely? It is going to be a few sales, compared to many sales with the price so high also. And for the record, you are ~ £150 off the price of the original Titan and I paid £850 each for my 2.

Surely we have done this price thing to death now?

Caporegime
buying top end GPU's has always been a stupid thing to do anyway unless you had money to burn.

same goes for top end cpu's, etc.

bang for buck has always been the way to go. so people will just buy older and second hand now or just not upgrade at all.

Associate
It is up to the buyer what they buy with their own money surely? It is going to be a few sales, compared to many sales with the price so high also. And for the record, you are ~ £150 off the price of the original Titan and I paid £850 each for my 2.

Surely we have done this price thing to death now?

IO course you can do what you want with your money, if the next 80ti card is £2000 and the next titan £4000 buy them if you want. It just hurts the gpu market overall, low-mid range has gone from sub £200 to £250-400 now and mid range is £500+

The only one laughing is Jensen Huang.

Soldato

Well yeah exactly. I've never spent more than £250 on a GPU in my life and I don't intend to change. I'll just buy whatever tier my budget allows. The issue is that people have a specific tier in their head that they must buy and moan because it's too expensive. If you spent £600 on your last GPU, then why not spend £600 this time? It's not costing you any more. If there's nothing worth upgrading to for that, then congratulations because your card is future proofed until next gen.

It shouldn't matter if Nvidia suddenly released a 2090Ti for £4,000. So what? But I can gaurentee people will be moaning because they cant afford it. Why does everybody have to be greedy and expect the best?

Game developers will optimise their games for whatever GPUs most people have so it makes absolutely no difference. Just like when CPU development nearly froze for 10 years, game developers optimised their games for the CPUs most people had.

Associate
Hi there

So I've had a £150 discount voucher code made up "ocukstrixdeal" which reduced the 2080Ti Strix OC by £150, as its currently on offer this will drop the price to £1238.99, the car comes from offer tomorrow and will go up to £1399.99, at which point the voucher will result in £1249.99, still best price in UK and in stock.

Asus GeForce RTX 2080 Ti ROG Strix OC 11264MB GDDR6 PCI-Express Graphics Card @ £1,249.99 inc VAT

ROG-STRIX-RTX2080TI-O11G, Boost Clock: 1665MHz, Memory 11264MB 14000MHz GDDR6, Cuda Cores: 4352, VR Ready, PhysX/CUDA Enabled, NVIDIA Turing, 12nm Process, NV Link, Real-Time Ray Tracing, 3yr Warranty

Only £1,249.99 inc VAT - with voucher code "ocukstrixdeal"

ORDER NOW

You need to enter the voucher code at check out to enable discount.
The voucher code expires March 31st or when I deem necessary!

We have 100 units in stock right now, with 200 more due next week.

This voucher code shall only be posted on the forums here, it won't be posted in social media or anywhere else by OcUK staff, of course we have no control over our members or customers.

Its heralded as one of the best 2080Ti and certainly one of the best coolers and at this price is much better value for money. :)
GIBBO

The code is not working for me, is this real or is it one of those OCUK post to get website hits? ive used the code and its coming up with £1348.99

Goods total

Delivery costs

Total value excluding VAT

Total VAT at 20.00 %

Total order value

I have read your Terms and Conditions and agree.
£1,348.99*

£0.00*

£1,124.16

£224.83

£1,348.99

Associate
Prices need to come down, way to expensive.

Yeah I agree, even as someone that could spend on a GPU I simply won't on principle for such small margins in performance. As a consumer "2080 Ti performance" regardless of the product sku or manufacturer is worth about £500 to me and its getting lower by the week. I appreciate there has always been a premium at the high end but this is just plain nonsense now it wouldn't surprise me if tech products have to start reporting to the advertising standards authority at this rate the marketing spin is badly out of sync.

OcUK Staff
OP
GIBBO

The code is not working for me, is this real or is it one of those OCUK post to get website hits? ive used the code and its coming up with £1348.99

Goods total

Delivery costs

Total value excluding VAT

Total VAT at 20.00 %

Total order value

I have read your Terms and Conditions and agree.
£1,348.99*

£0.00*

£1,124.16

£224.83

£1,348.99

This is now fixed.

Card was on weekly offer at £1389.99 and the code dropped it to £1239.99, card went from weekly offer back upto £1499 and hence you seeing £1349.99 with code.

I've now put the card at £1399.99, so with the voucher it shall be the price as advertised in the OP.

OcUK never does such tricks, we do a deal and the deal, remains for sometime and this one is set to expire March 31st or when stock runs out, whichever comes sooner. :)

Back
Top Bottom