Forum stops responding to scroll wheel, just me?

Soldato
Ever since the forums were upgraded I find that they occasionally stop responding to input from the scroll wheel on my mouse, it is only OCUK forums that do this, sat here right now and it's just done it, the other tabs I have open in chrome all respond just fine and I can still scroll by dragging the scroll bar, is it just me?

Soldato
Happened to me yesterday (Chrome). I can't remember it happening previously.

I also had the forum open in other tab and scrolling still worked there.

Commissario
I think it's a browser thing, I've had it happen on half a dozen forums in the last week or so since there was an update to Chrome.

It would stop working on one forum, but work on others then suddenly start working on the original forum and stop on another.

I thought it was my mousewheel at first.

People still use scrollbars these days? Even on desktop?

I just stick this into my userChrome.css (browser master-over ride cascading style sheet).

It hides the scrollbars = more screen real estate :)

Code:
#content browser {
 margin-right: -18px !important;
 margin-bottom: -18px !important;
 overflow-y: scroll;
 overflow-x:hidden;
}

Associate
People still use scrollbars these days? Even on desktop?

I just stick this into my userChrome.css (browser master-over ride cascading style sheet).

It hides the scrollbars = more screen real estate :)

It's about the scroll wheel, not the scroll bar? nvm missed op mentioning it

But yeah I've noticed it too.

Soldato
Talking of chrome, have they changed something quite major recently as a few sites that I haven't been to for a while are now a bit broken

Associate
Happens with Opera which is also Chromium based. If you scroll the mouse wheel at some point before the page finishes loading then it will happen. Not a problem specific to OCUK forums as it happens with any other web page. "Should" get fixed quickly if it's affecting many users although the last page flickering bug took months.

Back
Top Bottom