Forum stops responding to scroll wheel, just me?

Commissario
Very odd, yesterday I couldn't go up and down using page up/page down on my keyboard but could scroll with the trackpad. I had another tab open on OcUK and that worked perfectly. I've also seen it on other forums. Again, this is on Chrome.

Man of Honour
its one of the many annoying chrome issues, started well after the forum changed for me.

Chrome has taken a nose dive over the last year.

Man of Honour
LOL, this literally happened to me in a meeting the other day, I started faffing about reseating the mouse battery etc as it was a wireless mouse, I just assumed it was a hardware problem rather than Chrome! :)

Man of Honour
Bug in Chrome. Really annoying bug in chrome.

Instead of reloading the page (which doesn't fix it) or closing and reopening the browser, try right clicking on the tab and choosing duplicate, then close the original tab. Much faster.

Or go to chrome://flags/#smooth-scrolling and disable it.

Issue is apparently fixed in Chromium 58 which should be released this week.

Last edited:
Soldato
People still use scrollbars these days? Even on desktop?

I just stick this into my userChrome.css (browser master-over ride cascading style sheet).

It hides the scrollbars = more screen real estate :)

Code:
#content browser {
 margin-right: -18px !important;
 margin-bottom: -18px !important;
 overflow-y: scroll;
 overflow-x:hidden;
}

more white space at the sides of sites seemingly developed to run on the now defunct 4:3 monitor standard

Associate
yeah issue here as well , and on other forum sites , it seems to happen when you try and scroll when the webpage has not completed updating properly. restarting the browser tab seems to make it working again. Happening on Google Chrome on my works laptop , however doesnt seem to do this on my home PC

Back
Top Bottom