Forza 5 Announced

Associate
Alright, this 1 hour conference seemed to be quite a let down except for one thing, and that is Forza 5. As much as I hate to say it, what the heck is going on with xbox!!! At least they're still showing Forza some love!

I hope there isn't another post already, if there is I apologize in advance and will take all scrutiny with a pinch of salt.

I'll update this thread as more news comes! I LOVE FORZA!

Update 1, 05/06/13: Microsoft confirms 60 frames per second! - Although they don't really specify if it will be at 1080p?

Update 2, 07/06/13: Studio confirms Forza 5 will indeed run 1080p at 60fps.

Update 3, 15/08/13: Limited Collector's Edition Announced and I must say it looks HAWT!

11tltg2.jpg

Microsoft today announced an $80 Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition, set to launch with the racing game this November exclusively on Xbox One.

The premium bundle comes in a steelbook case and features an assortment of digital wares, including the Limited Edition Car Pack, a bundle of five vehicles.

These are the 2011 Audi RS3 Sportback, 2012 Aston Martin Vanquish, 2013 Ford M. Shelby Mustang GT500, 2013 McLaren P1, and the 2013 SRT Viper GTS.

The Forza 5 Limited Edition also includes a VIP Membership, which offers players 2x player reward acceleration, access to multiplayer events, an in-game player card badge, and unspecified in-game gifts from the Forza community team.

A VIP membership also gives gamers access to vehicles including the 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C, 1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird, 1991 Mazda #55 787B, 2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, and 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.

Players who purchase the Forza 5 Limited Edition will also receive a Day One Car Pack, featuring a 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe, 2013 Ford Focus ST, and 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera.

In addition to everything mentioned above, the Forza 5 Limited Edition will feature a decal sheet with Forza, Xbox One, and Audi window stickers, and 1,250 car tokens that grants access to every car in the game, Microsoft said.

Lastly, Microsoft also announced a Forza 5 Day One Edition today. It features the Day One Car Pack mentioned above, as well as commemorative packaging said to match the Xbox One Day One console design. This bundle will be available for the standard $60.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Alright guys, Microsoft has confirmed that Forza 5 will be running at 60 frames per second.

Forza Motorsport 5 will run at 60 frames per second, Microsoft Studios corporate vice president Phil Spencer has told Edge magazine.

Confirmation of the smooth frame rate will come as a great relief to series fans who have been left wondering since the game's announcement last month.

Official word came as the Microsoft Studios chief revealed there will be no minimum performance requirements (such as resolution or frame rate) set for games released on Xbox One.

"There were games that shipped on 360 that were less than 720p," said Spencer. "It's important we give creators the best tools to create the best experience possible and I don't think that platform holders can dictate what the internal frame buffer size should be.

"Forza 5 runs at 60 frames per second, but other people will make different trade-offs. I think it's important - maybe because I'm a studio guy - that you give freedom to the creator because today, through lighting techniques and post effects, resolution is not the thing that maximises beauty."

Spencer concluded: "Some of the most beautiful games of this generation are not dictated by how many pixels they're pushing to the screen. Motion blur, antialiasing, lighting: all of these things come into play. We just give developers the tools and let them make the right creative decisions."

Source: http://www.videogamer.com/xboxone/f..._60_frames_per_second_confirms_microsoft.html

Associate
OP
We have details of the Forza 5 collector's edition. Anyone going for it?

11tltg2.jpg

Microsoft today announced an $80 Forza Motorsport 5 Limited Edition, set to launch with the racing game this November exclusively on Xbox One.

The premium bundle comes in a steelbook case and features an assortment of digital wares, including the Limited Edition Car Pack, a bundle of five vehicles.

These are the 2011 Audi RS3 Sportback, 2012 Aston Martin Vanquish, 2013 Ford M. Shelby Mustang GT500, 2013 McLaren P1, and the 2013 SRT Viper GTS.

The Forza 5 Limited Edition also includes a VIP Membership, which offers players 2x player reward acceleration, access to multiplayer events, an in-game player card badge, and unspecified in-game gifts from the Forza community team.

A VIP membership also gives gamers access to vehicles including the 1965 Shelby Cobra 427 S/C, 1987 RUF CTR Yellowbird, 1991 Mazda #55 787B, 2011 Ford F150 SVT Raptor, and 2011 Bugatti Veyron Super Sport.

Players who purchase the Forza 5 Limited Edition will also receive a Day One Car Pack, featuring a 2010 Audi TT RS Coupe, 2013 Ford Focus ST, and 2011 Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4 Superleggera.

In addition to everything mentioned above, the Forza 5 Limited Edition will feature a decal sheet with Forza, Xbox One, and Audi window stickers, and 1,250 car tokens that grants access to every car in the game, Microsoft said.

Lastly, Microsoft also announced a Forza 5 Day One Edition today. It features the Day One Car Pack mentioned above, as well as commemorative packaging said to match the Xbox One Day One console design. This bundle will be available for the standard $60.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
The amount of time I've spent on Forza 4 would justify the extra £20. :p That and I really hate it when I finish a race to find that the car the top people have used to set the fastest laps are almost always ruddy DLC cars which I could buy but considering how close we are to Forza 5 that would be a waste of money.

Do not remind me of the dreaded black Bora. I hated seeing those, cause it always got me curious as to what car they had running especially when they were leading the pack!

There is a steelbook edition on Game for £59.99, but no confirmation it's the limited edition version detailed above.

Ah, thanks for that! £60 would be the ideal spot!

Associate
OP
Shouldn't the Audi RS7 (I'm assuming that's the car on the cover) be exclusive to this edition but I see no mention of it? Why have it on the cover then? Wouldn't it be safe to assume that if you're going to have a limited edition of a game and place a certain car on the cover, that car must be only attainable by purchasing this particular edition? Not that I'm bothered either way just thinking out loud. Thinking back to Forza 4's limited edition it had the BMW M5 as the cover but it was available as standard. Limited editions just got a paint job as far as I can remember, perhaps it'll be the same with this.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Wow, not many cars or tracks

Yeah lower than I expected. I was expecting about 300 cars and add the dlc for 12 months that would make over 400 cars. I actually quite liked Nurburgring, I sure hope they bring it back as DLC...
Regardless Turn10 have yet to leave me in shocking disappointment. Since the second Forza I've enjoyed myself immensely and know this will continue with Forza 5.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Just got me wondering in previous Forza games. I know assists like traction control and automatic transmission would slow your car down but what about the racing line? Did that have any effect on the car?

Associate
OP
That's really disappointing, I didn't realise there was going to less tracks and Suzuka and the Nurburgring are two of my favorites.

Forza is the only reason I'm buying the Xbone and assumed it would be in terms of tracks/cars the same or similar to the last. If they didn't have time to do half of the tracks then don't release the game until they have had time.. of course that wouldn't happen as it needed to be a release title so basically we end up with half of the game so MS can say they've got another release title. If they didn't have time to scan the tracks etc then why not put some original tracks in it?

What is there had better extra special or I'm going to be really disappointed come Nov 22nd.

Well I hear Nordschleife will come around January as DLC and of course I'm sure you are aware of the car packs that they release every month so expect at least another 120 cars from that. Although I really hope they bring in several tracks as DLC! Let us hope within the next 2 weeks they announce something special!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Hey, I'm sure this will be of interest to those that find the Drivatar intriguing.
Watch the screen as the player exits the first corner.

Finally, unpredictable! Races will never get boring now!

Back
Top Bottom