Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Soldato
It also says this:

UK_Redeem_600x232_5_desktop._CB299011735_.jpg

You're right, I didn't actually see that. I will look into this more when I get home. Thanks!

Caporegime
In theory activating a code in the Xbox store could mean that when you log into the Windows store the game is also there for you to download. But given Microsoft I wouldn't count on that sort of seamless integration of its own services.

I'm not trying to be a ****, I'm trying to save you wasting £50. I've been wanting to pre order this since the moment it was anounced but just have no confidence in there being a standalone PC version yet.

Soldato
In theory activating a code in the Xbox store could mean that when you log into the Windows store the game is also there for you to download. But given Microsoft I wouldn't count on that sort of seamless integration of its own services.

I'm not trying to be a ****, I'm trying to save you wasting £50. I've been wanting to pre order this since the moment it was anounced but just have no confidence in there being a standalone PC version yet.

I know, you're not trying to do anything bad. Your reasoning does make sense. It's pretty misleading though if that is the case. But I am home now so I will check this in more detail.

Quantum break used the same system didn't it? Can anyone confirm how that worked?

*edit*

I have just spoken to a guy at microsoft, he gives me his word that you will not need an Xbox One in any way.

The game is supported by Play Anywhere, so you can download and play the game on your Windows 10 even if you don't have an Xbox One console. The license will automatically be added to your profile and will be available for download on the Windows 10 once it's released.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Forza Horizon is the first Play Anywhere game I think.

Why couldn't Microsoft just put a paragraph to that effect on their website rather than leaving us all guessing! :rolleyes:

Sounds like there is 1 digital version, playable on PC and Xbox. Then the only physical copy is Xbox only.

Soldato
OP
so tell me guys, this bit has me confused. Yes I understand the Play Anywhere, on XB1 or Windows 10, but does this mean I can play against friends that will have it on their XB1 with me playing on PC? Does this mean it's cross platform play as well?

Soldato
OP
So looking forward to it, just really hoping UWP doesn't hold my performance back and not cater for Freesync. If Forza Apex is anything to go on, then I think we'll be fine as that now has unlocked frame rate and Freesync is compatible.

Soldato
so tell me guys, this bit has me confused. Yes I understand the Play Anywhere, on XB1 or Windows 10, but does this mean I can play against friends that will have it on their XB1 with me playing on PC? Does this mean it's cross platform play as well?

Its typical MS, annouce what looks to be a great feature and then pretty much leave it to consumers to find out what they can from various websites and other channels.

They do this not only to consumers but also enterprise business purchasers as well, they never seem to be 100% clear on anything.

I'm now just assuming that the only way to pre order (but I have to question why you'd pre order a digital release these days) is via xbox.com and then download the game to your xbox account via Windows 10 games store, and then its linked to both your xbox account and any other system you log into with your xbox account can then play it, provided you have the processing power to actually play the game.

I dread to think that there might be folks out there now thinking they can play Forza games on a Windows Mobile phone..

And I might look at getting one of these -

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B01GVN10VM/ref=od_aui_detailpages00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Not for Forza as I hope its got wheel support, but that could be good for re core or other xbox games and also any other PC game, as its meant to be slimmer and a lighter pad... Reason I'm not fond of the current xbox pad is because its heavy and feels bloated and too large IMO. And it doesn't work with blue tooth - but this looks to cure all those complaints.

Soldato
It has cross platform, you can play with people on Xbox using your PC.
While this is confirmed, I'm still interested in seeing how fully featured this actually is.

With PS4<->PC cross-platform titles, there is the ability to play with each other, but no specifically ability to actually communicate. Meaning you cant sit there on PC and talk to a PS4 player, or more meaningfully, invite a PS4 player to your lobby/squad/team or whatever.

This is what the Xbox crossplay initiative needs to bring. Something more than just *technically* having crossplay to bolster population, but actually providing a real and worthwhile integration between the two systems so it essentially becomes something like its own individual platform altogether.

Plus I've got a lot riding on this. I've only got one good friend who is a 'gamer' like myself and all he has is an XB1(though I did try and persuade him to get a PS4 instead!). I'd love to be able to play together in games with me on PC and him on his XB1, but it's going to require more than basic and raw crossplatform play to do that. It'll have to link actual Xbox accounts.

Associate
Watching with cautious curiosity. I spent hundreds of hours playing Forza 4, it's easily my favourite racing game of all time. I thought Forza Horizon on the other hand was absolute pish to put it lightly - it lost all of the intricacy and challenge of the handling in the original game, the map was vapid and barren and the incessant crap radio station and obnoxious events made me want to snap the disc in half.

Can't comment on Horizon 2 but if this hasn't addressed the original's faults I'm not touching it with a bargepole no matter how good the graphics are.

Caporegime
Your Windows Store Xbox account is your Xbox Live account. Its the same account. Log into the Windows Xbox app and all your XBL friends are there.

This is Microsoft game on 2 Microsoft platforms. It will have proper cross play far beyond what competitors or 3rd parties have been able to do before.

Caporegime
Watching with cautious curiosity. I spent hundreds of hours playing Forza 4, it's easily my favourite racing game of all time. I thought Forza Horizon on the other hand was absolute pish to put it lightly - it lost all of the intricacy and challenge of the handling in the original game, the map was vapid and barren and the incessant crap radio station and obnoxious events made me want to snap the disc in half.

Can't comment on Horizon 2 but if this hasn't addressed the original's faults I'm not touching it with a bargepole no matter how good the graphics are.

Sounds like your issue is thinking Horizon is something it was never trying to be.

Horizon is the casual, fast paced, Tony Hawks style of racing games. If your after a Forza Motorsport game, wait until FM7 comes to PC next year, and play some Apex to keep you happy.

Associate
Sounds like your issue is thinking Horizon is something it was never trying to be.

Horizon is the casual, fast paced, Tony Hawks style of racing games. If your after a Forza Motorsport game, wait until FM7 comes to PC next year, and play some Apex to keep you happy.

Don't get me wrong, I do love a good arcade racer. I just found the original Horizon a bit soulless.

That's very good news about future Forza games though, didn't realise it was confirmed. :)

Caporegime
Well, its not confirmed, but they brought Apex to Windows 10 saying they were just testing it, and then the very next Forza game they announce is a Play Anywhere title.

Unless Horizon 3 on PC has some major issue, not making every Forza game from here on out Play Anywhere would be a massive step back.

I loved Horizon, I thought it had loads of character (much more than 2 which lost all sense of story or there being any actual people in it). I completed the main campaign. The first time I did the final race I got the exact same time as the opponent (to the thousandth of a second!) yet was classified 2nd! It was a massive long race and I had to turn the console off and relax it wound me up so much :p

Last edited:
Caporegime
Yeah Pre Ordering a digital copy while having decent speed Broadband doesn't realy acheive anything. The purpose of a Pre Order used to be to ensure the disk turned up on release day, and that they dont run out of stock :p

Soldato
Yeah Pre Ordering a digital copy while having decent speed Broadband doesn't realy acheive anything. The purpose of a Pre Order used to be to ensure the disk turned up on release day, and that they dont run out of stock :p

I seriously doubt being that it's UWP it'll be on any key sites cheaper and I am actually considering moving up to the ultimate edition and playing early.

Soldato
I seriously doubt being that it's UWP it'll be on any key sites cheaper and I am actually considering moving up to the ultimate edition and playing early.

I have been looking for a cheap quantum break CD Key, as the game is only on Windows 10 store, no joy. So you could be right, Windows 10 store only games are not looking likely to appear on any key sites.

Shame, thats the thing I do like about Steam. You can find the games cheaper on Key sites.

Back
Top Bottom