Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

For anybody looking at buying a new car, If you weren't already aware I would strongly advise checking the auction house first.

You can search for individual cars, even ones not unlocked yet. You can try your luck with a bid, but most of the times the buyout price is still way less than the actual new price of the car.

I picked up my Reventon for about 500K the other night when the new price is around 1.3 million. I've done this with pretty much all my cars so far and must have saved at least 1.5 - 2 million credits so far.

I've been undecided on this all week and the main thing putting me off is how it will perform on just one of my 980ti's at 1440p as SLI isn't supported?!

It runs pretty well on my 970 @ 1440p (at medium settings) but looks fine to me. Had to lose some anti-aliasing to help it out but at that resolution it doesn't really need it.

With your 980 you should be fine! :)

Is there a way in game to change the brightness? I have looked but just can't see it, the night races are way too dark and dont want to have to put the racing line on.

Round three of trying to get this downloaded this evening. First download stopped at 38GB and never restarted, second download stopped at 45.5GB and never restarted (which really annoyed me) and now I'm up to 18GB so far. Every time I've had at least double the HDD space required.

All of this and there is a big possibility it'll run like crap anyway because my computer isn't anywhere near the best these days, but I've been wanting a new game to play which is similar to the original Test Drive Unlimited for ages (aware of The Crew, but meh) :o

Is there a chance for the game to go down in price or is it unlikely on Windows Store? Was going to shell out for the standard edition but I can't bring myself to pay so much and people still have problems with it so I've decided to wait until I'm done with Mankind Divided.

Well, you still don't get everything even if you get the ultimate edition for 80 quid as there are expansions and car packs planned which that doesn't cover.

It's a quality game with plenty of content but the price and possible performance issues are a bit too much for me at the moment. I don't like Windows Store and was sure Microsoft would milk people with the prices on former XB exclusives. They can do whatever they want as their gâmes are unavailable on Steam and you can't buy keys for them.

Guys its worth it, just buy £50 worth of xbox vouchers from cd keys then you get the game for £44. Just do the cpu fix mentioned in this thread and its playable.

Perfect, thanks mate!

Just a quick update, I've played about 20 minutes of the game, it runs fairly well, I've got it set to the dynamic mode at High settings and I'm sitting above 60fps most of the time, I've seen it dip down to about 55 but not lower than that just yet.

There is some annoying stuttering which doesn't look like FPS drop, gonna try the processor fix mentioned here and hopefully it should be all good.

Ps. My 2500k is clocked to 4.4GHz, and I've got a mild overclock on the MSI GTX 970.

HTH

Just a quick update, I've played about 20 minutes of the game, it runs fairly well, I've got it set to the dynamic mode at High settings and I'm sitting above 60fps most of the time, I've seen it dip down to about 55 but not lower than that just yet.

There is some annoying stuttering which doesn't look like FPS drop, gonna try the processor fix mentioned here and hopefully it should be all good.

Ps. My 2500k is clocked to 4.4GHz, and I've got a mild overclock on the MSI GTX 970.

HTH

Nice ta, my i5 is clocked at the same, 970 is stock though! Look forward to hearing how the fix goes

Had some success with trouble shooting the Playground Games Logo crash. Disgustingly simple too.

Reboot! :)

I noticed the game runs on a first boot but when I exit it won't relaunch. Reboot the PC and all of a sudden it bursts back into life! No idea what the cause is but it's a start :)

Very odd people's game fails at logo and they get actual game crashes. I've experienced none of those. FPS and that 'stutter' but that's it, oh and the G27 wheel issue.

Back
Top Bottom