Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Absolutely nothing wrong with using a FFB wheel with FH3. Agreed that its very arcade and can be enjoyed on pad and wheel.

Like I said, if hes thinking about spending under 300 quid on a wheel alone for this game, it's not worth it. Yes you can use it, but you might as well buy one for under 100 quid to just function. If he's a sim racer and plays assetto, iRacing, or project cars as well, then sure get a top class quality wheel. But spending 300 quid on a wheel for Forza horizon is a waste it's an arcade game that steers left and right and that's all it does.

Since the update it's playable for me, no longer dropping to 15fps if I look at the menu or garage, I've switched to xbox controller too and preferring it to the g27 which is disappointing lol

I've got a 1070 which can run at around 2080mhz stable and a 4790k and I'm on 1440p. Even that might not be enough judging from peoples' experiences. I absolutely loathe stuterring and that's my biggest fear.

Like I said, if hes thinking about spending under 300 quid on a wheel alone for this game, it's not worth it. Yes you can use it, but you might as well buy one for under 100 quid to just function. If he's a sim racer and plays assetto, iRacing, or project cars as well, then sure get a top class quality wheel. But spending 300 quid on a wheel for Forza horizon is a waste it's an arcade game that steers left and right and that's all it does.

I'd be surprised if anyone just bought a expensive gaming wheel just to play FH3 so yes definitely not just for Horizon 3. I thought I could never use a game pad to play driving games again after I got my G27 in 18 months ago (Assetto, Project Cars, Dirt etc) but with FH3 I can very easily use my 360 pad once again.

I've got a 1070 which can run at around 2080mhz stable and a 4790k and I'm on 1440p. Even that might not be enough judging from peoples' experiences. I absolutely loathe stuterring and that's my biggest fear.

Performance issues are more to do with the game not being very well optimised in terms of CPU, rather than GPU limitations.

I can't seem to find the original Mini anywhere, I've seen loads about but not any too buy?

Also managed to get my first Horizon car - M4, tis a beast!

Eff it, I bloody caved in and bought the Ultimate:mad: I'm so ****ing stupid but I just love car games too much. Secured a bunch of cheaper Xbox pre-paid cards and the price difference between standard and ultimate was just too little to not go for the latter...

I swear, if it doesn't work acceptably this is the last time I'm ever buying anything from M$, that was the most expensive game I've ever bought:o

Lock the FPS to 30 and see how you get on.

Is it just PC snobbery stopping people from using the 30FPS lock to avoid all stuttering?

I get that 60FPS+ is preferred but I'm running the game maxed out on a mid-tier GPU and it runs great at 4K. In fact it's playing so well I've not even tried messing around with any settings at all as there's been no need to.

Back
Top Bottom