Forza Horizon 3 just shown at E3

Soldato
I suspect if the vip stuff and pre order bonus are not fixed very swiftly ill certainly be asking for £30 back from Microsoft and going by the web chat I had with them earlier it looks promising. Again time will tell.

Associate
Mine is running at 60 fps most of the time on a mixture of medium and high @ 1440p.

I still get the rubber band effect with a drop in fps every 5-10 seconds though. More RAM arriving tomorrow to supplement my current 8gb, which is below recommended. I expect the stutter will remain however.

Associate
I understand why people will want a refund as it certainly isn't in the vain of Apex at all.

But nowhere does it claim to be, a five second investigation would be enough to find out that this isn't a sim in any way. I'm amazed someone would buy it expecting it to handle like a main Forza title :confused:

Soldato
But nowhere does it claim to be, a five second investigation would be enough to find out that this isn't a sim in any way. I'm amazed someone would buy it expecting it to handle like a main Forza title :confused:

I assume Horizon is new to many PC users and based on Apex you might be forgiven to think it might handle similar. Still game pad and wheel do give the game a different feel, well to me anyway.

Soldato

No-one here was claiming it was going to be a sim, less strawman please. There are numerous problems with the product for many people ranging from bad performance, ctd's and no pre-order goodies.

Soldato
OP
Talk about a genuine mindblown moment. Go to the Maroondah Rainforest at dawn. The sun coming up through the trees, your headlights catching the cats eyes, the road signs and the trees is the nicest thing I've seen in a while.

Last edited:
Soldato
wtf, mate just messaged me to say the game has downloaded to his xbone machine, it has my profile amongst others on there. He can play the full version I have without logging into my profile (I don't have a console).

Oh please tell me how you did this!! Did he log in with your microsoft account on his xbox?

I'm imagining going to my friends house and being like the old days where you can take a disc around to play, only I just log into my microsoft account on his xbox to play together and log out later.

I've got a refund, the game was okay but too arcade like for me and tbh I found Apex much better.

''Your product refund
42bc405d-604a-43e1-9074-57ec6a37e574.gif
Forza Horizon 3 Ultimate Edition
( Microsoft Studios )
Quantity 1
£79.99 Total £93.32''

Really! So you can actually play the game on PC and get a refund if you don't like it!!! I had no idea they allowed this.

Last edited:
Soldato
He just said the game auto-downloaded on his Xbone, he logged into his account and it was playable and was the full version with all the goodies. He doesn't have my password to sign into mine.

Soldato
I was having the same problem but just managed to sort it. Make sure your W10 is updated to the 1607 build.

I've tried to update mine several times but even though it says "Windows is up to date" I still don't see version 1607 using Windows 10 Pro.

Version 1511 (OS Build 10586.589)

Soldato
Now will that expansion be free for owners of the Ultimate Edition??

It's not mentioned so I'd go with not. I've done a breakdown below.

Standard - £50

Deluxe - £65 - includes VIP (£16.74 separately), Forza All stars pack (£8.39 separately) - Total separate value £75.13

Ultimate - £80 - includes VIP, All Star pack and Car pass (£24.99 separately). - Total separate value £100.12

On that basis I think it's safe to assume you won't be getting the expansion pass free. If you have no interest in the additional cars or VIP get the base game and save your money for the expansion if that's more important to you.

The game can be achingly pretty on sunrise! Shame this photo has been nerfed in quality by photomode but still...
g5KFgUu.jpg.png

Last edited:
Soldato
So, let me get this right. You spend £80 on the "Ultimate" version of the game and Microsoft are still going to mug you for another £20-30 a couple of months later for additional DLC.

Ouch!

There's some serious price gouging going on here with the DLC content.....

http://www.gamespot.com/articles/forza-horizon-3-dlc-pass-announced-adds-to-ultimat/1100-6443870/

Tbh unless you really want the additional cars, no point in getting the ultimate edition like I said above. The DLC prices for the forza series have always been silly expensive imo. This isn't much different from Horizons 1/2 and Forza 5/6, the only difference being they've offered a bundle vs buying separately. If you do want the additional cars etc then you're better off getting the bundles as it's cheaper.

Back
Top Bottom