Forza Horizon 4 (Xbox One)

Soldato
12miles, all that fuel you've wasted :D

What event was it as not seen any 'bond' races.

----
Still trying to get to lvl20 on road to unlock the Gauntlet, gosh its a slog only up to 15 and taking ages. Any tips?

It's the Autumn: Leaf Blower events for this week. One of the city races is:

"007: Skyfall" Championship: Edinburgh City Sprint, James Bond Aston Martin DB5

So you can only take part in it if you have the James Bond Aston Martin DB5, which is rubbish.

Soldato
Might be a dumb question but only just got my Xbox, do you need Xbox live to be able to even roam around with other people on this ? Or is it just for if you want to do events etc
For the online multiplayer you will need a Gold sub. You should be able to get a free trial period and there are always offers on somewhere, worth it for the 'free' monthly games.

Soldato
I unlocked the Goliath yesterday getting to road racing level 20.

I've shared a 1 lap anything goes blueprint race. So if you follow me in-game or friend me, you should be able to go to the blueprint section, then the followed/friends tab to see my blueprints.

I'll be adding a 3 lap blueprint and maybe a 5 lap tonight if i get time, so they should appear there too.

I use my S2 Zonda R FE (tune shared) for 3 lap races, they take somewhere around 29 minutes and earn me around 300k and 45 skill points + wheelspins.

You level up quite quickly too, i'm Prestige 1 level 6 now (that's new for a Forza game).

Soldato
OP
It's the Autumn: Leaf Blower events for this week. One of the city races is:

"007: Skyfall" Championship: Edinburgh City Sprint, James Bond Aston Martin DB5

So you can only take part in it if you have the James Bond Aston Martin DB5, which is rubbish.

I would think any James Bond car will do, but its broke anyway, I'm surprised you could not participate as I did a seasonal sky fall event the other day (PVP) and a few of us had DB5s and the others had S1 class Ford Raptors and other various S1 class 4x4s, as expected our A/C class? DB5s were completely out raced.
Car restrictions is a confusing and broken mess in its current state.

Soldato
Got this last week but due to life stuff only played a bit and just done a few Autumn events, really enjoying it though, buzzing round in my RS6 Avant and taking every corner sideways as you have to do!

Add me on Zippy Saturn if anyone fancies a cruise/race!

Soldato
I would think any James Bond car will do, but its broke anyway, I'm surprised you could not participate as I did a seasonal sky fall event the other day (PVP) and a few of us had DB5s and the others had S1 class Ford Raptors and other various S1 class 4x4s, as expected our A/C class? DB5s were completely out raced.
Car restrictions is a confusing and broken mess in its current state.

I don't have the DLC for the James Bond cars and that's restricting me from taking part in a race that's exlusively for those that own the DLC. I don't think that they should be making a seasonal event depend on owning the DLC, and if they're going to carry on doing this, then this event shouldn't show up for those that don't have it. It's not right and I don't appreciate having content waved in my face and then yanked away because I have chosen not to pay for what should be an optional extra.

Soldato
OP
I don't have the DLC for the James Bond cars and that's restricting me from taking part in a race that's exlusively for those that own the DLC. I don't think that they should be making a seasonal event depend on owning the DLC, and if they're going to carry on doing this, then this event shouldn't show up for those that don't have it. It's not right and I don't appreciate having content waved in my face and then yanked away because I have chosen not to pay for what should be an optional extra.

Did you try it Solo or PvP, as what I was trying to say is, how can other players participate in the race I did with a car not from the dlc Bond pack. I do agree though that dlc car packs should not stop you from playing certain events.

Soldato
The showcases with the train has really annoyed me.

I was a bit crap the first time and got 3:26 with the train hitting 3:22.

So went again. Managed to get 3:22, only for the train to get 3:20.

Then got a 3:18 only for the train to get 3:17

Then finally managed to win with a 3:12, but the train still got 3:12 and it was a pretty much photo finish.

Wtf is the point of having a race like that only for the game to change the opponent so much on the same settings!

Soldato
The showcases have always been like that, basically you needed a 3:12 time all along.

I've never completely nailed a showcase, it's always pretty much a photo finish as the set point fmvs need to happen.

Soldato
I've shared a 1 lap anything goes blueprint race. So if you follow me in-game or friend me, you should be able to go to the blueprint section, then the followed/friends tab to see my blueprints.

I added you as a friend last night (BenSayers) as I couldn't work out for the life of me how to follow or search for people within Forza that aren't friends. I ran a couple of your Blueprints too!

Soldato
The showcases have always been like that, basically you needed a 3:12 time all along.

I've never completely nailed a showcase, it's always pretty much a photo finish as the set point fmvs need to happen.

Yeah i suppose, i've probably just never noticed it before as i've never struggled on one as much as i did on that so noticed the times a lot more.

I've found i really like doing the "Rivals" type races for single player. But the first one it gives me is always **** easy. Surely they need to rank people and give you a similar time to beat? For example last night i got a target time of 11 minutes for one race that i completed in 3:07. Then it gave me a new rival that was actually competitive.

I'd have just liked someone half decent to start with!

Caporegime
I love the Forza live events in this, something about everyone all trying to hit a target all at once with cars flying everywhere that is great fun :D

When you get a super wheelspin and the rewards are a horn, shoes and £2,000 though :mad:

Associate
Yeah i suppose, i've probably just never noticed it before as i've never struggled on one as much as i did on that so noticed the times a lot more.

I've found i really like doing the "Rivals" type races for single player. But the first one it gives me is always **** easy. Surely they need to rank people and give you a similar time to beat? For example last night i got a target time of 11 minutes for one race that i completed in 3:07. Then it gave me a new rival that was actually competitive.

I'd have just liked someone half decent to start with!

You can set a rival in leaderboard.

Soldato
I love the Forza live events in this, something about everyone all trying to hit a target all at once with cars flying everywhere that is great fun :D

When you get a super wheelspin and the rewards are a horn, shoes and £2,000 though :mad:

These wheelspins are an epic fail. They suck completely and I can't believe they haven't had any criticism for them yet. I had four queued up last night, I got some stupidly ugly looking pink furcoat, and three dance moves which I'll never use. Yeah, screw you game and developers. This is something we can do without. Cars and money, sure, but these other rubbish extras are a waste of space and shouldn't be an option in the game.

Soldato
These wheelspins are an epic fail. They suck completely and I can't believe they haven't had any criticism for them yet. I had four queued up last night, I got some stupidly ugly looking pink furcoat, and three dance moves which I'll never use. Yeah, screw you game and developers. This is something we can do without. Cars and money, sure, but these other rubbish extras are a waste of space and shouldn't be an option in the game.

Agree, but all these daft extras bring in the coin from kids with the parents card details.

All games seem to have this pointless junk now.

Still love the core of the game. Having a few days break now though, will be back in the winter.

Soldato
I added you as a friend last night (BenSayers) as I couldn't work out for the life of me how to follow or search for people within Forza that aren't friends. I ran a couple of your Blueprints too!

Nice one, was the Goliath showing up in the list alright? I did have a 1 lap blueprint shared, but after i ran a 3 lap race, it replaced the Blueprint. I guess you can only have one saved blueprint for each event.

The 3 lap Goliath levels up Road Racing quickly, when i first did it i went from level 12.5 to 16.5 in 3 laps :)

Back
Top Bottom