Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Ree

Ree

Associate
No vibrations with the newest version of Xbox controller which is a bummer, hope that gets sorted rather sharpish.

Soldato
Not bad at all! I don't even need 8x MSAA, but hell, I'll take it, it's a racing game so as long as it's above 80 on average, I'm happy as Larry! I chose no FXAA as it's simply horrid and blurs quality.

hsw4cm0.jpg
tleLtQq.jpg
UjyGWzV.jpg
a01Eeba.jpg

Soldato
Not bad at all! I don't even need 8x MSAA, but hell, I'll take it, it's a racing game so as long as it's above 80 on average, I'm happy as Larry! I chose no FXAA as it's simply horrid and blurs quality.

I found the benchmark to be quite a bit heavier than actual gameplay, I get 60fps low, 73fps average in the benchmark - but actually playing closer to 90-100fps. Definitely agree on FXAA. I may tweak my settings around a bit to go to MSAA 4x, will wait for the DF settings guide.

Soldato
Anyone know how to turn off chr
I found the benchmark to be quite a bit heavier than actual gameplay, I get 60fps low, 73fps average in the benchmark - but actually playing closer to 90-100fps. Definitely agree on FXAA. I may tweak my settings around a bit to go to MSAA 4x, will wait for the DF settings guide.

I've left it at 8, as you said, during the game it's much higher.

Also, anyone know how to turn off chromocratic aberration?

Soldato
For anyone interested, these are the assists I'm using and controller (xbox one controller) settings, still tweaking. The biggest change I'd suggest is changing the controller profile from 1 to 2 to change handbrake to B and shift up and down being A and X respectively.

ERs48Gh.jpg
ftBWJVD.jpg

Associate
I'm getting a horrendous bug where the sky/lighting seems to be flickering, I could swear it's messing with the textures too, it's like the game is cycling through various states of the surface conditions. I'm not normally sensitive to motion sickness or flickering lights but it knocked me a little sick last night trying to play.

I feel like the sense of speed has been upped quite a bit in this one, the handling/braking feels slightly different to me as well, it should be interesting getting used to the new feel and tuning again.

Soldato
OP
I'm getting a horrendous bug where the sky/lighting seems to be flickering, I could swear it's messing with the textures too, it's like the game is cycling through various states of the surface conditions. I'm not normally sensitive to motion sickness or flickering lights but it knocked me a little sick last night trying to play.

I feel like the sense of speed has been upped quite a bit in this one, the handling/braking feels slightly different to me as well, it should be interesting getting used to the new feel and tuning again.
driver issue ???

Soldato

Check drivers, there's new ones for this game. For the speed, check the motion blur camera shutter speed.

Associate
driver issue ???
Check drivers, there's new ones for this game. For the speed, check the motion blur camera shutter speed.

Found the culprit, drivers were up to date on a clean install. It seems the issue is linked to the NZXT software I have installed to control some of the RBG lightning.

It looks like you can also use it for overlays to monitor temp/usage numbers so I'm wondering if that's what the game doesn't like. Not happened in any other games but as soon as I close the software the issue is gone.

Weird one.

Soldato
Just resubbed to Gamepass for £1 for a Month but also got 2 bonus months free at checkout for no reason?

£1 paid today has me covered for this and halo until February when billing will continue at normal rate but I'll cancel by then no doubt. Bargain.

Soldato
Just resubbed to Gamepass for £1 for a Month but also got 2 bonus months free at checkout for no reason?

£1 paid today has me covered for this and halo until February when billing will continue at normal rate but I'll cancel by then no doubt. Bargain.

I did the same yesterday, too good an offer to miss. I'm not sure the minimum gap between your sub ending and them making the £1 offer again but I cancelled mine about a Month after FS came out whenever that was.

Soldato
I did the same yesterday, too good an offer to miss. I'm not sure the minimum gap between your sub ending and them making the £1 offer again but I cancelled mine about a Month after FS came out whenever that was.

Yeah I cancelled mine a while back

I tend to just resub for the big games

Man of Honour
It’s an addictive game. There are some stunning locations. The 20 minute gauntlet race up and down the mountain and into a sandstorm was brilliant. Nearly have enough to buy the castle, I want my free daily superspins :D

Ree

Ree

Associate
Well the vibration on the controller appears to break when you get disconnected from the server which is really weird. Played solo for a few hours and it worked the whole time. Nice to see the Drivatar's are still dumb as ever in solo.

Back
Top Bottom