Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Soldato
It's such a shame cos with all the tuning opportunity and the immense amount of cars available i feel like it would be pretty awesome to drift in an open world game like this. In particular with those mountain passes! *initial D music intensifies!*

Soldato
Surprisingly i did try this last night but to a more mild 600 degrees and i felt it helped massively where as at 360 degrees i felt it was too sensitive and any slight turn of the wheel made it swing left/right too quickly. Maybe changing this in conjunction with the steering linearity will help?

Sorry yes im using a G920 wheel. In the process of converting the H shifter to a Handbrake right now as well to help.

Interesting, might try a bit less then, I felt drifting was definitely doable at 360 but it was almost impossible not to drift (this was in a 2JZ 200SX/S14 with ~1200hp and the drift stuffs though :p)

It's such a shame cos with all the tuning opportunity and the immense amount of cars available i feel like it would be pretty awesome to drift in an open world game like this. In particular with those mountain passes! *initial D music intensifies!*

There's no Hachiroku is there? Which is criminal, how can you release a game like this without an Panda Trueno AE86 :cry::D

Soldato
Interesting, might try a bit less then, I felt drifting was definitely doable at 360 but it was almost impossible not to drift (this was in a 2JZ 200SX/S14 with ~1200hp and the drift stuffs though :p)

There's no Hachiroku is there? Which is criminal, how can you release a game like this without an Panda Trueno AE86 :cry::D
Wow 1200hp?! :cry: you'd be drifting just tapping the pedal and launch yourself into space lol.

It'll be a purchasable DLC no doubt sometime in the distant future :p. As of now lets just settle for the Red suns RX7 lol.

Soldato
Unfortunately the Horizon series has never been great with a wheel. I'm on controller so my experience will not be comparable.
I'm finding just normal road racing is spot on for me at least. Odd twitch and the feeling of losing grip but a quick few corrections and i can usually regain control relatively easily. If i can figure this drifting out i'll be over the moon!

Soldato
I did realise the AE86 was a rare drop, I realised I had one the other day but didn’t know where I got it from. I’d assume you could try buying one from the auction if you’re that desperate.

As for the ffb on the wheel, there did seem be a notch, for lack a of better term, like a soft lock but the game did accept wheel input passed this. It just felt like 100% passed this point. I was using my GT Sport profile though so probably some settings are wrong.

Either that or I’ll have to swap my Fanatec for an old Logitech wheel :D

Soldato
Wow 1200hp?! :cry: you'd be drifting just tapping the pedal and launch yourself into space lol.

It'll be a purchasable DLC no doubt sometime in the distant future :p. As of now lets just settle for the Red suns RX7 lol.

Yeah, it was/is a bit ridiculous, basically impossible to drive it without drifting/spinning :p

I'm in a tricked out Mk1 Supercharged MR2 for now, not really an Initial D car but does share the engine with the AE86, plus I have one in the garage (MR2, not AE86, and not Supercharged either :( :p), does the job at A788 iirc

Its a rare wheelspin reward, might come up as a seasonal at some point.

Oooh, fingers crossed :D

I did realise the AE86 was a rare drop, I realised I had one the other day but didn’t know where I got it from. I’d assume you could try buying one from the auction if you’re that desperate.

As for the ffb on the wheel, there did seem be a notch, for lack a of better term, like a soft lock but the game did accept wheel input passed this. It just felt like 100% passed this point. I was using my GT Sport profile though so probably some settings are wrong.

Either that or I’ll have to swap my Fanatec for an old Logitech wheel :D

Lucky! :p Might be tempted in the auction, but wouldn't quite describe it as desperation... :D

Yeah there is a 'notch' with the wheel FFB, the UI/animation (even external angle) only seems to go to about 90-degrees of wheel input, that seems to match up with the notch but the physics responds beyond that.

Associate
I just tried my G29 with it, out of the box it was pretty awful haha. May try some settings changes and see how we get on with it. If not I'll stick with controller.

Soldato
The Forzathon Playlist is confusing me.

On Autumn it's showing the Baja Bug, but 5 minutes ago it was showing the Nissan 240SX that I just bought so I can get the points...

It's also showing I don't own the Bug when I have indeed bought it and it's in my garage.

What's going on?

It's not really that clear to me, the playlist is a mess.

Associate
I might be imagining it but i'm sure the tuning has changed slightly on the update, ive had to re-do damper rebound and anti roll bars on my tunes as the cars are rolling too quickly into the corners and wobbling all the way through. But it may just be coming back onto a desktop after being on a laptop for a while

Soldato
Yeah, it was/is a bit ridiculous, basically impossible to drive it without drifting/spinning :p

I'm in a tricked out Mk1 Supercharged MR2 for now, not really an Initial D car but does share the engine with the AE86, plus I have one in the garage (MR2, not AE86, and not Supercharged either :( :p), does the job at A788 iirc

Oooh, fingers crossed :D

Lucky! :p Might be tempted in the auction, but wouldn't quite describe it as desperation... :D

Yeah there is a 'notch' with the wheel FFB, the UI/animation (even external angle) only seems to go to about 90-degrees of wheel input, that seems to match up with the notch but the physics responds beyond that.
RIGHT O!!! So after about 5 hours on it tonight with some fine tuning and an actual drift car (RX8 forumla drift) WOW what a difference! I can actually drift now and hold it with some small corrections along the line. Still difficult changing direction during a drift but i reckon a few more hours on it i'll be peachy! Really enjoying now, my face lit up when i actually managed to drift around the Arena section around the crowd and out the other end lol! :cry: Felt like everyone was cheering me on!

I found the sweet spot to be around 640 degrees but i think i can fine tune it some more to get it more controlled still.

Soldato
the 370z and viper formula drift cars are very easy to drift :)

The Forzathon Playlist is confusing me.

On Autumn it's showing the Baja Bug, but 5 minutes ago it was showing the Nissan 240SX that I just bought so I can get the points...

It's also showing I don't own the Bug when I have indeed bought it and it's in my garage.

What's going on?

It's not really that clear to me, the playlist is a mess.

you mean the forzathon challange? have you switch to the car and driven it yet? You have to own and drive the car to complete the first challange :)

Soldato
Yep, I bought the bug and was doing the 500,000 points challenge.

Then I saw the 240SX challenge come up so I bought that. But now I cannot see the 240SX challenge board any more.

Soldato
Anyone know if there's a way to get the game to load your custom wheel profile on startup? I have to set it every single time i load the game and its annoying.

Back
Top Bottom