Forza Horizon 5 - Mexico

Associate
What error are you getting @Parky ?

So the install sits at 'preparing' for a long period before erroring with code 0x00000001:

Found a pic on google of the same:

0aa5c84e-348b-4478-b81e-417e60c9cc1e

I've tried fixes from a number of posts ranging from resetting or re-installing the store, Xbox and gaming services apps. Running commands through powershell to add/remove things or start/stop services. Making sure everything is updated etc.

Man of Honour
So the install sits at 'preparing' for a long period before erroring with code 0x00000001:

Found a pic on google of the same:

0aa5c84e-348b-4478-b81e-417e60c9cc1e

I've tried fixes from a number of posts ranging from resetting or re-installing the store, Xbox and gaming services apps. Running commands through powershell to add/remove things or start/stop services. Making sure everything is updated etc.
I had the same issue with a bunch of (not all) Xbox games. Spent many hours doing the stuff you mention, in particular granting myself ownership over folders etc. Was literally just trying all these things off google

In the end, I think it was the "Gaming Services" app that was the main culprit, having done all that other stuff try going back to that, resetting it, then uninstalling it and reinstalling it.

As for the game itself, good game as expected but I've kind of run out of steam with it having completed pretty much all the events. Unlike FH4 I don't really have the motivation for getting 100% roads driven, the weekly challenges etc which helped prolong that game for me a lot. I think it does a better job of the storyline / story missions etc than other games in the series, feels like a good fit for the Mexico setting. Considering how good the game looks the performance is also really good, I've played it on a range of GPUs down to the RX6600 and it runs great on that around 100-150fps in 1440p.

I can't believe I'm saying this because I've really enjoyed all the FH series, but I do feel it's getting a bit stale now, FH3-5 are basically the same game in a different setting. Would be nice if they could mix things up a bit in FH6, maybe chain different types of event together in championships, maybe enforce more restrictions in the standard (non time-limited) events to encourage/force use of more vehicles (I'm my own worst enemy with this, I enjoy driving different cars but I keep picking the same ones). I'd also welcome some events where the drivatar vehicles don't scale PR with your own car, so you could enter events as underdog and win more credits or if struggling on a race turn up in a OP motor etc. There are times when it feels like upgrades are pointless for actual racing (in some cases it just makes it harder), it's just needed for PR stunts.

Soldato
What a suckeroo.

I can't have any more tunes because of an arbitrary in-game limit of 500 (according to google).

So now I have to faff around deleting tunes on a one by one basis.

This was a problem in FH4 and never fixed there and carried over to FH5.

Good one devs!

Soldato
What a suckeroo.

I can't have any more tunes because of an arbitrary in-game limit of 500 (according to google).

So now I have to faff around deleting tunes on a one by one basis.

This was a problem in FH4 and never fixed there and carried over to FH5.

Good one devs!

Yeah, that is utter BS.. I've heard about this, and whislt i've not hit the limit, I know for a fact i've got some cars that have 3 or 4 tunes saved, and a hella-lot of cars with at least one custom tune.

There's no easy way to delete unwanted tune files either (that I know of), what i've been doing is playing a few tours each session, selecting cars that I recognise i've previously tinkered with, then after the tour, going to the garage to see what saved tunes I have for that car, and deleting the ones I don't want, from the 'my tunes' menu' or whatever it's called.

It's a joke really, why can't tune files be saved locally on your own hard drive? that way the only limit is how much hard drive space you have...

I presume theres a hard limit as it's all stored in the microsoft cloud and they dont want billions of random text files for tunes clogging it up, which is fair enough, but give us the option to save data like that locally.

I've not done the maths, but it seems the tune limit means that if you own every car in the game and try to put one custom tune on each, you can't do that as you'll hit the limit. and if you want to have one tune for every car, and certain favorite cars with 2 or 3 tunes, you've got no chance.

Last edited:
Soldato
I never really bothered with custom tunes. I just tend to tune a car for a specific purpose and leave it at that.

so that's one custom tune slot used for every car you do this with.

Most cars i prefer using i have two of anyway so i dont need to swap between tunes on them.

so thats 2 custom tune slots used for each of those cars.

So if I understand correctly, you could run out over time, unless you do your own house keeping. Although Im not sure how the file save system works in that scenario, if you have 2 golf gti, both tuned differntly, is that the same as having just one golf gti with 2 tunes that you can switch between in the garage? I dunno.

Soldato
so that's one custom tune slot used for every car you do this with.

so thats 2 custom tune slots used for each of those cars.

So if I understand correctly, you could run out over time, unless you do your own house keeping. Although Im not sure how the file save system works in that scenario, if you have 2 golf gti, both tuned differntly, is that the same as having just one golf gti with 2 tunes that you can switch between in the garage? I dunno.

I dont save the tunes, i only apply them to the car. Put it this way I've got every car in the game bar the DLC cars and and a lot of dupes and i've not run in to this problem. Never did on FH4 either.

Soldato
Got this game when it was discounted on Steam, have been hesitant since release but it's pretty enjoyable and I'm having fun just driving around, though I still think the series needs a major refresh and a revamped progression system. Less in-your-face festival drivel and Fortnite-y stuff would also be much appreciated.

Can't wait to try Hot Wheels but hope the second expansion will be more like Treasure Island to even things out.

Soldato
Went live 6pm. Had two large updates first. It looks like fun from what I’ve tried so far.
Got it. Eventually. 12.22GB update then another 9GB or so. I kept getting told to install the pack yet when I was taken to the store it said app not yet installed but when I "installed" it, the update was just finishing up. Restarting Xbox didn't do anything so had to do a hard reset and that seemed to work. Seems good so far; reminds me of the previous Hot Wheels pack. Fun yet frustrating at the same time.

Soldato
Nice. I got a 19gb update today so presumably that's what that is.

Lots of people whining about crashes and can't even play the game on the steam discussion but I'm hoping that's just par for the course and general trolling.

To warm today to play pc games but I'll fire it up tomorrow.. I'm kinda looking forward to it!

Back
Top Bottom