• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Forza Motorsport 2023 crushing GPUs

Soldato
It's launched in an absolute state on PC, it deserves any and all slagging off that comes it's way regarding performance. Not to mention it's lacking career mode...
I guess these failures are acceptable if you're a game pass person who hasn't given them money specifically for the game, but this is a full price title and they have been working on it for years supposedly. Not sure what they were doing though, sitting around.
It has career mode as I have been playing career. I managed to get it playable but had to turn off RT, HDR and Smart access memory. My fps is now stable but Gpu still not being pushed any where close to where it should be and could still not boosting above 4ghz.

Soldato
It has career mode as I have been playing career. I managed to get it playable but had to turn off RT, HDR and Smart access memory. My fps is now stable but Gpu still not being pushed any where close to where it should be and could still not boosting above 4ghz.
It definitely has one, but it's a shoddy attempt at one. I'd love to know what they were actually working on all those years, with a team the size they have.

Associate
Only good thing i can say about the game is that it’s ‘fun’ to play on my t248 ( then again i just got the wheel so not much to compare it to ). Runs smooth maxed out + DLAA on my 4090 but still think it looks worse than gt7 does on my ps5.

It can look ok at times, but also terribly bad at others. Also way too demanding for what it has to show for it.

Last edited:
Soldato
It definitely has one, but it's a shoddy attempt at one. I'd love to know what they were actually working on all those years, with a team the size they have.

I am not far into the career but so far pick a car, unlock mods to tune and set the AI to my speed level for a good race. So yea so far it seems to be pretty much no thrills driving but still enjoying it. I do think there is a lot to come from the game as it's half finished imo.

may as well just turn off the computer and play outside :D
Yea but now that it's playable it's not to bad. Hopefully a driver from AMD and a patch for the game let me add back in some of these features. Right now i am just happy to play the game until it crashes once an hour. Progress was made to this from unplayable.

Last edited:
Associate
This game runs like absolute trash on my 3070ti.

Can't comprehend why.

Tried DDU and fresh installs of everything, still get around 60 fps on High/1440p, and then it tanks to 15fps as soon as the track is changed.

Soldato
This game runs like absolute trash on my 3070ti.

Can't comprehend why.

Tried DDU and fresh installs of everything, still get around 60 fps on High/1440p, and then it tanks to 15fps as soon as the track is changed.
So as above try turning of SAM/Rebar, HDR and RT. That worked for me. I shouldn't have too but it made the game playable for me. My mates playing medium high on a 3060ti and playing smooth for him. It's really a hit or miss as i shouldn't be struggling on a 7900xt with this game. I know once my card and cpu get fully utilised will just bump everything back up.

Did you try a fresh install of windows as that was going to be my next port of call.

Last edited:
Associate
So as above try turning of SAM/Rebar, HDR and RT. That worked for me. I shouldn't have too but it made the game playable for me. My mates playing medium high on a 3060ti and playing smooth for him. It's really a hit or miss as i shouldn't be struggling on a 7900xt with this game. I know once my card and cpu get fully utilised will just bump everything back up.

Did you try a fresh install of windows as that was going to be my next port of call.
I didn't do Windows, but funny you say that as my friend also has a 3060ti and has no issues... odd.

Associate
Jeez, I am so glad I sold my Series X. I was waiting for starfield and Forza but when I heard 30fps I sold it and kept Game Pass on the PC. PS5 is my console of choice and you can argue about whether Gran Turismo looks better or worse but the career mode is good and starfield is infinitely better on PC at 60FPS. I bought a Steam deck instead of the Series X and love it, my only complaint is I would like Game Pass on that but don't want to install windows on it.

Last edited:
Soldato
anyone having issues with cut scenes, mine are stuttering like crazy fps down in single figures, yet no issues in race, and some times the game is using like only 70% of the gpu in race

Associate
Jeez, I am so glad I sold my Series X. I was waiting for starfield and Forza but when I heard 30fps I sold it and kept Game Pass on the PC. PS5 is my console of choice and you can argue about whether Gran Turismo looks better or worse but the career mode is good and starfield is infinitely better on PC at 60FPS. I bought a Steam deck instead of the Series X and love it, my only complaint is I would like Game Pass on that but don't want to install windows on it.
PC has been a better XBox than XBox for a long time IMO. The hardware costs mean for pure gaming it can be hard to justify, but if you do anything else demanding with your PC, then you get a really good experience in both.
I have to say Game Pass for PC is quite OK price-wise for what you get.

Last edited:
Associate
anyone having issues with cut scenes, mine are stuttering like crazy fps down in single figures, yet no issues in race, and some times the game is using like only 70% of the gpu in race

Yeah, I get stuttering in the loading screens between races and practice. The rest of the time it's fine.

I'm on amd 6800xt with 7700x.

1440p native with ultra settings and RT set to auto, tend to average around 88 FPS ish.. turn RT off it goes to 109 FPS. I can't really tell the difference between RT on and off.

Soldato
dont see the point of RT in racing games, as if you got time to enjoy the lighting or reflections, in MP race have no issues, just though cut scenes where i get the stutter fest

Soldato
no vsync or cap, generally leaves cpu, though havent noticed it maxing out or anywhere near it, as above they running 7700x and having same issue, and that murders the 10400, though switching to am5 shortly myself anyway

Back
Top Bottom