Forza Motorsport 7

Caporegime
SHOCKED, I tell you, SHOCKED that a new Forza game has been announced at E3.

Xbox One and Windows 10 exclusive. Experience the danger and beauty of competitive racing at the limit in Forza Motorsport 7. Enjoy gorgeous graphics at 60fps and true 4K resolution in HDR. Collect over 700 Forzavista™ cars, including the largest assortment of Ferraris, Porsches, and Lamborghinis ever. Master over 30 famous environments with race conditions that change every time you race. Available October 3, 2017 on Xbox One and Windows 10. Coming Holiday 2017 for Xbox One X.

It certainly does look good though, and is likely the showcase game for Scorpio.

Caporegime
OP
some russian website......:D:D

I never use my credit card so if it gets hacked/used, I'll just shut it down asap.

Do I use my current XBL account to sign in and buy or do I need to create a Russion account, which I then sign into on my XB1 to get it on my XB1, then re-sign in with my UK account and bingo.

Caporegime
OP
Downloaded the demo pretty quickly, had a few races and is a large improvement over 5, never played 6.

Not sure I want to play day one though or wait to experience it all first time on Scorpio.

Caporegime
OP
For those that got the ultimate edition did you buy a 2500 and a 1000 rubles card?

Shown as

Xbox Live - payment card 2500 rubles + Gift
Xbox Live - payment card 1000 rubles + Gift

I take it I should pay in Rubles? Cheers

Correct, that's what I just did. I tried to pay in USD, but it kept defaulting to rubles, so when it came to checkout and I did a currency conversion it was even cheaper than the USD amount. All done and just got my order confirmation.

Caporegime
OP
Yeah that looks like mine.

I don't know about the region think (I don't think so) as I haven't been home since I bought the game to check, but I imagine it's downloading as I speak.

Says it unlocks at 22:00 on the 28th.....would be cool if that's tonight, will be able to play it.

Caporegime
OP
I'm sure it's a mammoth install so I doubt I'll have it ready for then :( - It'll give me something to look forward to tomorrow though.

Yeah, it's around 90Gb, lol. And I think that's the base game, then there is the day one car pack and Hoonigan pack so probably easily 100Gb, I don't think my console has that much free space, hah.

Caporegime
OP
Reading that VIP is now only giving you consumable cards for the credit boost is a joke, then there’s also the loot crate system which is total BS, then there’s the 150 exclusive content cars locked away and I start to think I made an error buying this game.

Will be the last Forza Motorsport game I ever buy.

Caporegime
OP
It has been happening like that since everyone was raving about DLC car packs in Forza 2. What seemed as a good idea in the first place has turned into a farce. To get the full game of any Forza now you need to be paying close to £100.

Well now with the exclusive content ars you don’t even get the full game for your £100.

This is a whole new level of BS.

Caporegime
OP
hmm, microsoft unable to complete my payment through russian store :( Could be because of my card but, will try again later. I know the postcode didn't match the rest of the postcode so that's potentially it, too.

Also, does VIP mean all DLC is included?

No, in past games VIP gave you a crown symbol next to your name and a credit boost for races, now you still get a crown but the VIP credit boosts are cards that only last for 25 races in the form of mods.

Caporegime
OP
VIP not right, gone to far by using burn cards for extra credit instead of always having them.

loot crate system, not true. you can only purchase using in game credit from playing the game.

they will add tokens, forza always had them but they are pointless.

What do you mean the loot crate system is not true?

Caporegime
OP
I’m beginning to wonder if I’m playing a different game to everyone else (is the Russian store version purposively crippled?!)

Graphics look worse than Forza Horizon 3 and perhaps even not as good as Forza 6... the car sounds are pretty naff and the general structure / menus / car collection mechanic seem a backward step compared to 6.

Looks and sounds awesome on my Xbox One....

Caporegime
OP
Forza does not run very smooth on my S at 1080p either. The game play is alright, but it does like to be jumpy on the menus.

Then you have an issue.

It ran great on my Xbox One.

Bought a new TV yesterday, swapping me 720p 32" Sharp for 43" 4k LG, thought it would only be right to test out Forza and erm.. it was horrendous! It looks like it's running at 15-20 fps for some reason. Had a quick look through settings, Xbox is set up fine and isn't jumpy on F1 nor CoD, set to 4k resolution and TV is on 'Game' mode, so what gives?

Would changing HDMI ports make a difference? Currently Xbox One is HDMI 1 (obv reasons) and PC HDMI 2

What TV? Have you set up the options for it to work properly at 4K/HDR on the HDMI port?

Back
Top Bottom