Forza Motorsport 7

Soldato
Only comment really is that the drivatards are stupidly easy to beat even on unbeatable
yeah got to agree, AI in Forza has always been lacking, not very difficult but more annoying is that they act as it you wernt there, i've experienced a few times having Drivatards literally try to drive through me...

Also have found that i need both wheel and gamepad connected, some cars are undrivable with wheel. dosnt really bother me much though.

Otherwise i'm, thoroughly enjoying it.

Soldato
The AI is laughable. They never yield at all. Apparently if you park up on the racing line they won't even try to dodge you!

Oh and their love of braking in high speed chicanes.....:mad:

Dup

Dup

Soldato
Only comment really is that the drivatards are stupidly easy to beat even on unbeatable

Really? I had to drop it down to pro, however I realised I wasn't choosing quite the quickest cars on offer. I'm driving with all aids disabled mind, are you? Also using pad, can't be bothered with my wheel as I imagine some cars would be impossible to drive with that in this sadly.

My one gripe so far is "ooh, Touring cars" followed by the daftest circuits. I really don't like the silly made up street circuits. Too man annoying slow corners and bottle necks, kinda ruins it for me. Especially when you need to be in 3rd or 2nd by the end of the first lap to be in with a chance of being close to 1st by the end of the race.

I also don't understand the mods. I restart a lot so I assume I lose that usage every restart? I'll have to find out. But it seems like you don't get that much payout after races so not all that bothered about boosting. Or should I just use them anyway?

The rivals section looks like fun too. Some nice challenges there all categorised. I like a bit of a leaderboard challenge.

It's a lovely game so far though, stunning to look at, the sounds are spot on, love the rumble triggers on my XBone pad and plenty of variety. I played it all day yesterday until the batteries ran out on my pad late last night.

Soldato
11hrs in and still no idea how the homologation stuff works..anyone able to explain it to me please?

From what I understand from the SP campaign side of things each event series is spec racing/class racing meaning you have to bring a suitable car to the race. Further restrictions apply in terms of (BHP, Performance Index) which you have to meet to take part.

Most cars I've come across are pretty much at those limits already which means you can't really mod your cars for these events. You might be able to throw on an air filter or a wing but that will be all. The only other thing you can do is tune the car (adjust gears/springs) if it's available for that.

If your car exceeds these limits the game will optimise the mods on your car to get you to the limits.

Makes the racing much closer apparently but then the AI being as dumb as ever it doesn't make a difference really.

How this applies to online I have no idea! Basically you can no longer enter a D class Front Engine, Front Drive car in a class A series by modding the life out of it.

Soldato
I'm looking forward to this game but I have no internet until 20th October so I may be waiting a while! Although my boss just offered to let me bring my computer into work and download here (Gigabit internet connection for the win!) so I may be able to do that tomorrow and then hopefully I can play offline until I get my connection installed at my new flat.

Soldato
From what I understand from the SP campaign side of things each event series is spec racing/class racing meaning you have to bring a suitable car to the race. Further restrictions apply in terms of (BHP, Performance Index) which you have to meet to take part.

Most cars I've come across are pretty much at those limits already which means you can't really mod your cars for these events. You might be able to throw on an air filter or a wing but that will be all. The only other thing you can do is tune the car (adjust gears/springs) if it's available for that.

If your car exceeds these limits the game will optimise the mods on your car to get you to the limits.

Makes the racing much closer apparently but then the AI being as dumb as ever it doesn't make a difference really.

How this applies to online I have no idea! Basically you can no longer enter a D class Front Engine, Front Drive car in a class A series by modding the life out of it.

Online has been brilliant over the weekend, spent most of my time online in Modern hatches (Focus RS) and early supercars (Ferrari F50). Everyone was surprisingly well behaved , had some VERY close races and the servers were rock solid.

I expect the bumpercar muppets to turn up tomorrow night though.

Soldato
Only real problem i have with the game so far is that it crashes to desktop 3 times every time i start it then gives me VEry low graphics settings, then i can reset it back to 4k Ultra and it runs fine. Annoying bug though FH3 did it for a while as well never worked out what was causing it. its something on boot up it fails 3 times then goes into "safe mode".

Other than that there are some things i don't like,
VIP was a rip off this time and was miss sold.
The loyalty rewards are bobbins this time round had 7 cars in FH3, this time i get some badges and some mods.
Homogenisation is ok i guess but reduces variability and makes upgrades feel kind pointless. I want my supped up EVO at a class.
Mods that give you a bonus for using Normal steering and ABS on? eh?
Assists dont effect your rewards this time? thats kinda stupid.
Its mean with money maybe cause im used to playing with VIP on F5,F6,FH3 but i feels like its lining up the MT next week.
Its also mean with rewards for levelling up.

It is however an amazing looking game and i actually quite like the forced structure of the campaign.

Soldato
I see there's people now reporting Microsoft to trading standards (in various countries) for their bait & switch on the VIP pass. In addition, the more I read about the gameplay, and over 100 cars still being locked from being able to purchase any time (have to get through through loot crates and other such idiocy), I'm starting to feel glad I haven't bought the game yet. Sadly, I'm starting to think I won't be buying the game at all. Forza was amazing for just getting cars, tuning them to the restrictions of the race and then racing. This is all I want to do but they have this stupid new homologation thing. I know it's to help in multiplayer, but I only ever played privately online or single player career.

The beauty of Forza was having a buttload of cars to drive around in, that I could modify to my heart's content and just generally race around, as and when I felt like it. Everything I'm reading now is putting me off completely.

Soldato
I can see why it's fun to wait and unlock cars, but surely there should be the option to drive any if you so wish. Personally I'm liking the single player mode and I get to drive car's I wouldn't normally pick.

I'm getting pleasure from Forza 7 and PC2. Both have quirks but I take them for what they are

Soldato
I see there's people now reporting Microsoft to trading standards (in various countries) for their bait & switch on the VIP pass. In addition, the more I read about the gameplay, and over 100 cars still being locked from being able to purchase any time (have to get through through loot crates and other such idiocy), I'm starting to feel glad I haven't bought the game yet. Sadly, I'm starting to think I won't be buying the game at all. Forza was amazing for just getting cars, tuning them to the restrictions of the race and then racing. This is all I want to do but they have this stupid new homologation thing. I know it's to help in multiplayer, but I only ever played privately online or single player career.

The beauty of Forza was having a buttload of cars to drive around in, that I could modify to my heart's content and just generally race around, as and when I felt like it. Everything I'm reading now is putting me off completely.

Can you not still modify to heart's content to play "free races" then? I'll have a look when I get home.

Soldato
homologation sets limits on a race beyond the normal A class Rally car.

It has a Power limit and a PI limit from what i can work out. the car you buy is "Auto upgraded" to the homologation limit. So for example my RS3 Hot hatch has 20 less PI than the class limit but i can not mod it up to the limit, however it is right on the power limit.

I makes manually upgrading annoying as there are hard limits all over the place.

Back
Top Bottom