Forza Motorsport 7

Soldato
Are the issues with controller on PC still in the final game? It seems to be switching input between kb/m and controller on the demo even as I race.

So I press a button to change gear, it doesn't respond as it's switched back to kb/m but pressing it has woke the controller back up, so pressing it a second time changes gear..

Anyone else had this?

In the menus the prompts change from that o a keyboard and that of the controller each time I press a button

not had any problem with that during a race anyway!

The menu displays controls based on the last input it saw from what i can tell. If i use the mouse to check something on the second monitor everything changes to keyboard.

Soldato
not had any problem with that during a race anyway!

The menu displays controls based on the last input it saw from what i can tell. If i use the mouse to check something on the second monitor everything changes to keyboard.

It's weird it seems to just switch back to keyboard right away without me touching anything. So I'm wondering if it's making my steering be a bit off or something as it's switching back and forth by itself

Soldato
It seems to switch fairly transparently between mouse and Xbox pad for me in the menu's which is good because I use pad for driving but prefer mouse in menus.

Annoyingly I had some weird graphics glitches with scenery pop up and where the track goes all transparent or turns into a mirror on certain tracks usually when the tracks wet and there's lots of weather going on.. Hopefully a bug rather than my PC struggling.
In game graphics settings are just on auto /default at 1080p.. Rx480 8gb with skylake i5.

Wonder if it's because it's not a very multithreaded game and just beasts one core?

Last edited:
Soldato
It seems to switch fairly transparently between mouse and Xbox pad for me in the menu's which is good because I use pad for driving but prefer mouse in menus.

Yea it's spot on for that, but mines switching back and forth during gameplay for no reason :( seems like it's just me lol. I think if the game launched in full screen it would sort the issue out.

I remember having a similar issue with horizon 3 but if it launched in full screen with the controller turned on prior to booting up the game, the issue would disappear.. so weird.

Must be an issue with the engine

Associate
I got it to install by deleting the two folder it had created in the root of my HDD and trying again, it worked first time. Doing the intro just win the race in the wet and it crashes to desktop! Now it CTD every time I press A to continue at the intro screen, on the plus side HDR is working for the first time since the creators update. So I loaded Mass effect, does not work still haha only in forza!

Soldato
I got it to install by deleting the two folder it had created in the root of my HDD and trying again, it worked first time. Doing the intro just win the race in the wet and it crashes to desktop! Now it CTD every time I press A to continue at the intro screen, on the plus side HDR is working for the first time since the creators update. So I loaded Mass effect, does not work still haha only in forza!

How do I turn on HDR? I have it hooked up to my tv and the option won't appear :(

Soldato
Nvidea settings 4:2:2 10bit, then toggle the switch on windows desktop, launch game and the HDR tab should be available where you can enable and adjust gamma/brightness.
Ahh ok I shall have a look. I didn't check Nvidia settings but the windows her switch was off and greyed out so if I change Nvidia setting first I guess it will then let me toggle it

Associate
Loving this game, However when I tried to unlock the FPS by putting it on Dynamic all hell breaks lose and everything runs at 1 fps, Until I manage to set it back on 60 FPS 5 minutes later.

Soldato
Some good crashes on multi player!

Yeah. It always seems to end up as carnage at the first corner especially!

On that note does anyone else feel there needs to be some kind of penalty system (or auto collision off) if you try and intentionally ram someone going into a corner. If you're behind someone it often seems more effective to ram into the back of them at speed rather than actually braking to take the corner properly. Similarly there's nothing more annoying than being rear ended by someone who obviously isn't making any attempt to brake and is simply trying to bounce off you to wipe you out and get ahead.

I really feel they need to do something to prevent this tactic as I find it spoils the racing? Anyone else feel the same :confused:

Back
Top Bottom