Forza Motorsport 7

Associate
Well it finally installed somehow but now it crashes on the character selection screen. As soon as I try and select the male or female character it crashes. Hoping I don't have to reinstall.

Soldato
Try restarting the "windows push to install" in Services.msc

Or

go to Apps and Features>Forza 7>Advanced Options>Reset

This will not harm your game data as that's saved in the cloud.

Associate
I have seen forza 7 for £27 basic or £44 for the ultimate edition and am debating whether to buy as i love horizon 3 and that runs flawlessly at 4k. I have a couple of questions, Is the ultimate edition worth it or is the basic version good enough? and i cannot find any newer reviews and have heard that the game has some issues and crashes quite a bit, Has this been fixed with patches?

Thanks for any replies

Soldato
I have seen forza 7 for £27 basic or £44 for the ultimate edition and am debating whether to buy as i love horizon 3 and that runs flawlessly at 4k. I have a couple of questions, Is the ultimate edition worth it or is the basic version good enough? and i cannot find any newer reviews and have heard that the game has some issues and crashes quite a bit, Has this been fixed with patches?

Thanks for any replies

I bought the middle version (Deluxe?) as I saw it was 40% off in the MS Store. I got the VIP bonus but not the car pass - didn't really see any vehicles in the already released packs that interest me that much, and the next one (April pack) is the last one covered by the pass so any futures ones I wanted would have been paid-for anyway.

As for the game, it still has many menu lags, I've only had two crashes but the game had been on a while. I've found myself doing a series then restarting the game to keep everything running. There's frame skips in the racing etc, sometimes some noticeable FPS drops but generally it actually runs very well (solid 60 otherwise). My machine isn't the strongest anymore either.

Associate
I thought it runs amazingly well, at 4k on a 1080ti with everything maxed including msaa x8 it's only at 50% usage.

Game us utter garbage tho. Only bought it to play my mate who is on Xbox.

Ai is ps1/n64 levels. Ffb is a joke, graphics poor, long load times, constantly trying to get you to spend cash on crap.

Just a poor poor excuse of a motorsport game aimed directly at stealing money from kids that don't know any better.

Soldato
I thought it runs amazingly well, at 4k on a 1080ti with everything maxed including msaa x8 it's only at 50% usage.

Game us utter garbage tho. Only bought it to play my mate who is on Xbox.

Ai is ps1/n64 levels. Ffb is a joke, graphics poor, long load times, constantly trying to get you to spend cash on crap.

Just a poor poor excuse of a motorsport game aimed directly at stealing money from kids that don't know any better.

I have to agree. I'm amazed at how incredibly well it runs. Like you, I run it balls to the wall @ 1440p. 200% res scale, everything on Ultra and 4x msaa. when racing I'm hitting around 80fps with those settings.

But, the game generally I can't get into at all which is totally weird because I've put thousands and thousands of hours into the Forza series on Xbox. I'm a huge supporter and lover of the game, well the old Forza anyway, FM3 and FM4 being the pinnacle for me. Back then first and foremost they felt like flushed out racing games, with amazing customisation, brilliant livery editor, perfect auction houses etc. Now it feels all just meh, toned down for the kiddie market, sadly the way most things are going. I played it last night funnily enough, gave it 2 races and I was done with it. The AI is the worst I've experienced in a racing game. Put on Project Cars 2 instead and could enjoy steering wheel and pedals, and the racing so much better.

Last edited:
Soldato
I had a good play tonight. Then, after quitting I had a look at my GPU stats - I was barely hitting 50% GPU usage but I was maxing the VRAM at 4GB, and I have a 970 with 3.5GB fast + 500MB slow so I wonder if that's where my stutters and occasional frame drops are coming from. The upgrade to a 1070 is eye-watering though so I can't stomach that at the moment!

Soldato
I had a good play tonight. Then, after quitting I had a look at my GPU stats - I was barely hitting 50% GPU usage but I was maxing the VRAM at 4GB, and I have a 970 with 3.5GB fast + 500MB slow so I wonder if that's where my stutters and occasional frame drops are coming from. The upgrade to a 1070 is eye-watering though so I can't stomach that at the moment!
What res? i've no probs with my 970 @ 1080p

Associate
I recently bought this to play with my son on his xbox. and when running multiplayer with just the two of us its runs fine (sometimes i seem to have no engine noises, but its livable) but today i thought i would try some of the multiplayer lobbys and when we get in a game its great fun, but pretty much every time after finishing a race the screen goes to black and there is no way to get it back, the game is still running in the back ground as i can hear the inputs as if i was on the main menu.

It seems like the foundations of this game (cars graphics handling ) are very good, unfortunately its then topped off with a load of uneeded stuff that drags this game down

Caporegime
never played a forza game before but just checked out the demo and it seems okay, surely should be worth £25
Downloading now.

Hopefully keeps me busy for the next 2 weeks until I go back to Switzerland

Caporegime
damn game really likes to crash a lot :O like every 3-5 races after the race ends and I click continue just get dumped to desktop, seems the game tries to access memory somewhere with an invalid reference.

googling suggests it was a common issue since eons ago :O

really enjoying the game though

V_R

V_R

Soldato
I've not had it crash mid game yet, but i do still get plagued by the crashing on startup bug where you just get the splash screen then it closes again. ****ing annoying.

Horizon does it too, something to do with the store and authenticating I believe. I've still not found a permanent fix.

Soldato
During it's early life it used to crash all the time, they since fixed most of it, i've rarely had a crash from it for the last few months, Horizon 3 was the same, perf and bugs were quite bad to start with, they eventually fixed it, Was quite a slap to the face to those who spend the 80 quid on the ultimate edition :(

I occasionally get that issue V_R, case of downloading a random free app from the store and it reauthenticates something on your account which allows you to play the game, why? Because Microsoft store :/

Back
Top Bottom