FoxHole - RTS - Possibly the best RTS I played

Soldato
What a gem this game is guys!

ABOUT THIS GAME
Foxhole is a massively multiplayer game where you will work with hundreds of players to shape the outcome of a persistent online war. Players ARE the content in this sandbox war game. Every individual soldier is a player that contributes to the war effort through logistics, base building, reconnaissance, combat, and more.

Discuss on r/foxholegame or chat with the community on our discord server.

foxholedes1.png

Key Features

Player Directed Warfare - Every soldier is controlled by a player. Players ARE the content

• Sandbox warfare, where players determine the narrative of a long term war
  • Players drive every element of war, from weapon manufacturing and base building to strategy and combat.
  • Emergent strategies and tactics make every part the war feel unique
  • Your presence stays active in the world even after you've gone offline

foxholedes2.png

Persistent Living World - Join hundreds of players in a shared, war torn universe

• Conquer and relinquish territories in a back and forth, high stakes conflict.
  • Execute long term strategies that take days of planning, changing the tide of the war with minimal casualties
  • Join an alternate timeline universe where the great wars never ended and the world has been in conflict for over a hundred years.
  • Play as a persistent character throughout the war, gaining notoriety and influence among your faction

foxholedes3.png

Realistic Tactics & Combat - Tense and cerebral battles that keep you on the edge of your seat

• Capture and setup supply lines to keep your front line well equipped
  • Ammunition, resources, and information are limited, requiring players to work together to survive
  • Dynamic battle conditions: Use the time of day and terrain features to gain an advantage
  • Top-down, tactical combat where skills and strategy matter more than stats or XP points

foxholedes4.png

http://store.steampowered.com/app/505460/Foxhole/

Soldato
OP
Still processing here over 3 hours worth of Gameplay I streamed tonight, flew by they is so much to learn and do its madness. best of all the community seem decent so far in my early amount of game time.

Man of Honour
Sort of reminds me of a very old Sony game called Infantry Online, but with base building added. I did watch a couple of vids of this last week, might be tempted to pick it up and see if its any good.

Man of Honour
Bought it this morning...its actually really very good but it requires A LOT of co-ordination. People to not just go around fighting but to actually gather resources and supplies as well etc. I also see a lot of potential for griefing and being a jerk , locking vehicles, team killing etc. I suspect that it will be a game which will live or die by its userbase. If there are enough people who want to play the game seriously then it will be very good, if there are a lot of people who just want to muck about then I can foresee it being a very frustrating experience. Might well be one of those games which is brilliant while its "niche" but becomes awful the more mainstream it becomes.

Enjoyed it though, will play more for sure, at least until the userbase spoils it :)

Associate
I've got this guys so another +1 here. It's great simple fun but you can really get your teeth into it. I've been playing support to a degree, ferrying people from HQ to the frontlines alongside supplies and base building. Would recommend getting involved! As mentioned above though... highly reliant on your team mates and a griefer can ruin things pretty fast.

Soldato
OP
A mate was telling me about this. Sounds like it could be fun.
If it was free I'd probably try it, but not paying £13.50 for it.

£13.50 is a fair price and they is well enough game time here to make that very worth it..
Honestly £13.50 quid its hardly breaking the bank! Ok even if you didnt like it you get two hours steam game time for refund anyways.

Soldato
OP
seems so slow

ive done 2 hours... ill sleep on it, then decide if i want it or not

I only just started learning about creating all the weapons and vehicles.

Tonight is the first time I played with a group of friends and I after say the game has become even more enjoyable.
Teaming up and going out doing weapons runs for the front line.
Then going on a epic shoot out to take over a enemy FOB just pure fun.

Try and team up guys

Back
Top Bottom