• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Fract Engine Benchmark

Soldato
Fract is a free, open-source PC benchmark based on realtime software rendering. It is designed to provide 100% unbiased results that really correspond to the raw performance of your CPU and system bus; while the test mainly depends on the CPU, the speed of your system bus (or FSB, Front-Side Bus) is also important, since image data must be copied from the main memory to the video memory every frame.

make sure you Disable V-Sync

also keep the settings at default, rather than be tempted to change them ;)

get it here

AMD AM2 X2 4600 2.4Ghz

36.32fps

untitledfd5.jpg

would be nice for screenys but i know your all lazy lol :cool:

Last edited:
wnm0 said:
my cpu is at 3.62 and I got 27 lol..soon to get conroe ;)
I'm sorry but tbh I don't know how to do the screenie and show it some 1 might enlighten me pls.... :confused:

there's a print screen button on your keyboard....usually marked "Prt Scr" or something similar.

Just hit that and then open up mspaint and paste it in there. Then use imageshack.us or something to upload the file...then post the image code in here.

gurusan said:
there's a print screen button on your keyboard....usually marked "Prt Scr" or something similar.

Just hit that and then open up mspaint and paste it in there. Then use imageshack.us or something to upload the file...then post the image code in here.
Many thanks will try it now lol..
Please don't laugh , but where does it store the image lol I did a print screen and now can't find it sorry... :(

Last edited:
wnm0 said:
Many thanks will try it now lol..
Please don't laugh , but where does it store the image lol I did a print screen and now can't find it sorry... :(

lol print screen saves it memory (like when you copy and paste)

so its saved in memory now, open up microsoft paint and edit / paste it in there

host it with http://www.imageshack.us/

Ok I'll post mine up so everyone can feel better. Its an A64.

Thing is, it says I only just beat an 1700+xp, I have run that chip and others and at stock this machine is definetly faster.
Ram/FSB is 225

47nk4k5.jpg

Animation appeared relatively smooth especially after the 1st test and it reminded me of a trippy old amiga demo :D

This machine handles dvd encoding, etc in reasonable times btw

The conroe rig above is probably hampered by poor drivers for that OS, the figure given by the program for conroe is 80fps.

Does GPU speed affect this ?

Last edited:
silversurfer said:
Ok I'll post mine up so everyone can feel better. Its an A64.

Thing is, it says I only just beat an 1700+xp, I have run that chip and others and at stock this machine is definetly faster.
Ram/FSB is 225

47nk4k5.jpg

Animation appeared relatively smooth especially after the 1st test and it reminded me of a trippy old amiga demo :D

This machine handles dvd encoding, etc in reasonable times btw

The conroe rig above is probably hampered by poor drivers for that OS, the figure given by the program for conroe is 80fps.

Does GPU speed affect this ?

Well his score is relative to mine clock for clock so I reckon someone is telling porkies ragrding the conroe = 80fps thing :confused:

Back
Top Bottom