Fractal Design Meshify S2

Soldato
I must admit I was a bit dumb and my excitment for a new fractal case got the better of me, at first I thought this was a new revision of the meshify c but it's not. I think I'm just going to go with a white meshify c

I want an open front case, generally closed front looks much nicer but I want my componants to stay as cool as possible

Soldato
I've just spent the last few days looking for a replacement case for my Phanteks P400 that can take at least a 240 rad/fans in the roof. I want to get as much air in as possible (I have a Vega 64 and I want to get temps as low as I can). The only case that ticks all the boxes for me is the Meshify C which will take a roof mounted rad, BUT, I need to ensure my existing Mobo/ram combo won't interfere with it due to the size being a bit on the small side, its quite a squeeze to get all the gear installed.

Soldato
I must admit I was a bit dumb and my excitment for a new fractal case got the better of me, at first I thought this was a new revision of the meshify c but it's not. I think I'm just going to go with a white meshify c

I want an open front case, generally closed front looks much nicer but I want my componants to stay as cool as possible

I was hoping this was a updated meshify C, but it not. I’ll just stay on my original meshify c and just hope fractal updates it at some point?

Soldato
I was hoping this was a updated meshify C, but it not. I’ll just stay on my original meshify c and just hope fractal updates it at some point?

Thats my plan too, I'm ordering a white Meshify C the week after next for my new build. I'm still not keen on the creased mesh but its Fractal with good air flow and you can get it in white so ticks more boxes than it doesn't

Soldato
OP
Thats my plan too, I'm ordering a white Meshify C the week after next for my new build. I'm still not keen on the creased mesh but its Fractal with good air flow and you can get it in white so ticks more boxes than it doesn't

According to the KitGuruTech video the Define R6 is only two degrees warmer than the MS2. I'd have thought it would be more than that.

Soldato
According to the KitGuruTech video the Define R6 is only two degrees warmer than the MS2. I'd have thought it would be more than that.

If that's in stock configs the meshify need two front intakes, preferably 2 X 140 according to gamers nexus which is what I'll be doing anyway

The R6 is too big for my needs but it's nice case

Soldato
OP
If that's in stock configs the meshify need two front intakes, preferably 2 X 140 according to gamers nexus which is what I'll be doing anyway

The R6 is too big for my needs but it's nice case

It always seems a bit odd to me that if a case has say three front slots for fans, and if one of the slots isn't utilised, then then any fans that are fitted can pull warm air from the case, forward through the unoccupied fan slot effectively recycling the air, rather than pulling it in from the outside the case

Soldato
It always seems a bit odd to me that if a case has say three front slots for fans, and if one of the slots isn't utilised, then then any fans that are fitted can pull warm air from the case, forward through the unoccupied fan slot effectively recycling the air, rather than pulling it in from the outside the case

Depends on the case, with a lot of cases you just need more intake than exhaust and it should be fine, more so with open front cases.

Closed front cases that don't have large cut outs like the NZXT H500 you night as well just stick with negative pressure exhaust only setups

Mileage will vary case to case and fans used but I think 2 X 140 mm intakes and 1 X 120 mm exhaust should work well in the meshify

Soldato
OP
Depends on the case, with a lot of cases you just need more intake than exhaust and it should be fine, more so with open front cases.

Closed front cases that don't have large cut outs like the NZXT H500 you night as well just stick with negative pressure exhaust only setups

Mileage will vary case to case and fans used but I think 2 X 140 mm intakes and 1 X 120 mm exhaust should work well in the meshify

Possibly just my fan OCD, but if a case has slots for three 140mm fans, then I'd be inclined to occupy them with noctua brown-ness. And to aid the wind tunnel effect I'd remove the PSU shroud also.

Soldato
I've got the meshify c, there's space for 3x 120mm, or 2x 140. There's not really that much space though, since to fit in the last 120, you have to remove a section of the psu shroud, where the hdd mount is. 2x 140, has some space around the edges, but not too bad. OCUK do 2 packs of phanteks 140mp fans, for a great price, and they're really good fans for overcoming what's quite a significant mesh.

Had mine running for 4/5 months now I think, and whilst there's very fine dust on the edges of the fans, the internals all look really really clear of dust in general. The mesh looks very dusty (if I cleaned it more often it'd help), but then it should do, it's catching everything. Computer is probably on 10+ hours a day, 5/6 days a week, carpet + cats + log burner (albeit mostly closed), so plenty of dust opportunity.

Soldato
OP
Could someone who owns a Meshify C measure the internal height from the case floor to ceiling, without the PSU shroud fitted? Just interested as there's plenty of sources on the total height of the case but not the internal height dimension.

Soldato
Looks like the Meshify C might be discontinued? Struggling to find one apart from one place that I point blank refuse to order from

Gutted if it is i was going to order one on Wednesday

Soldato
I didn't mention it's the white version I'm struggling to find

I hope not because I'm building a PC next week I can't wait for a new release so I'll have to go with something else and there isn't anything I like

Soldato
OP
ChugNorris "We are not listing the product at this time because of a disagreement with Fractal over their pricing strategy for this model. Frankly the P600S from Phanteks would be a better choice anyway."

[OcUK] PREDATOR "Maybe I can help? I should be having Stock come in Wednesday/Thursday. The new Meshify S2 :D (Also available in White) Basically a Define S but with a Meshify Front Panel for additional Airflow"

Fractal Design Meshify S2 Midi Tower Case - Black Light Tempered Glass @ £144.95 inc VAT

E-ATX Support, USB Type-C, Water Cooling Support, Seamless Tempered Glass, Angled Mesh Design, Vertical GPU Support, Pre-Drilled Water Pump Mounts

Only £144.95 inc VAT.

ORDER NOW

Guys, make your mind up!

Back
Top Bottom