** FREE KINGSTON FURY 240GB SSD, TOM CLANCY's DIVISION, FARCRY PRIMAL WITH ASUS GTX 970's!! **

Associate
Asus Strix is one of the best 970s for temps and noise, though other models beat it for overclocking. I'm curious as to what the Pro does different, I've never heard of it. Also 1x 8-pin? Damn... my MSI Gaming 970 has an additional 6-pin. Maybe if Asus added a 6-pin to theirs it might have more juice to OC with.

I currently have a GTX770, would I see any significant upgrade going to the strix?

The 970 is around the performance of a 780ti. Which is better than an original Titan (not the TX). So... yeah. Since AMD's new cards are coming out soon (no signs of Pascal), I would usually recommend waiting to see how they turn out (just a few months), but considering the awesome deal here, just go for it. You get an SSD too and you mentioned you're in need of one. 2 birds with one stone. And a couple more birds too (2 free games).

Permabanned
Asus Strix is one of the best 970s for temps and noise, though other models beat it for overclocking. I'm curious as to what the Pro does different, I've never heard of it. Also 1x 8-pin? Damn... my MSI Gaming 970 has an additional 6-pin. Maybe if Asus added a 6-pin to theirs it might have more juice to OC with.

The 970 is around the performance of a 780ti. Which is better than an original Titan (not the TX). So... yeah. Since AMD's new cards are coming out soon (no signs of Pascal), I would usually recommend waiting to see how they turn out (just a few months), but considering the awesome deal here, just go for it. You get an SSD too and you mentioned you're in need of one. 2 birds with one stone. And a couple more birds too (2 free games).

"The 970 is around the performance of a 780ti" wahhhhh bench marks an reviews show the 780ti is more closer to the 980 so a 970 comparison is way off unless you have some links.

Gibbo will there be any more Ti deals popping up?

Last edited:
Associate
"The 970 is around the performance of a 780ti" wahhhhh bench marks an reviews show the 780ti is more closer to the 980 so a 970 comparison is way off unless you have some links.

Gibbo will there be any more Ti deals popping up?

Aye the step from 7XX to 9XX was more about doing more with less power rather just having better performance. If you feed it more power and keep it cool you can get it to fly.

Associate
When does this deal end please? I'm talking to a mate atm who is on a prebuilt and suggested he upgrade his R9 255 and unbranded PSU.

Says in the top post "This offer is incredible but limited to just 1000 units"

So its not time limits, its stock limited.

Associate
Don't mean to disappoint but competitor had this deal over a month ago I believe. Which is also £10 cheaper on strix
Before someone tips the hate bucket. Most of the potential buyer would've went for the deal already as I was considering it myself
After dumping ssd + games at that point 970 would cost in the 220-240 region went for nano deal instead which was very tasty :D

Last edited:
Soldato
Don't mean to disappoint but competitor had this deal over a month ago I believe. Which is also £10 cheaper on strix
Before someone tips the hate bucket. Most of the potential buyer would've went for the deal already as I was considering it myself
After dumping ssd + games at that point 970 would cost in the 220-240 region went for nano deal instead which was very tasty :D

I saw that deal also. OCUK are a premium shop and they charge a huge premium on all goods and services. That's why I buy elsewhere 9 times out of 10.

Associate
I saw that deal also. OCUK are a premium shop and they charge a huge premium on all goods and services. That's why I buy elsewhere 9 times out of 10.

I wouldn't say "Huge Premium", and this item was only £10 more, and for that, I'd rather just walk into the shop and buy it rather than risk delivery.

Associate
a month ago, means games could've been sold for a nice amount of money, which is money off the card. now they are worthless

Agreed. The pee-take for me is that I bought Division, noticed that my system isn't really up to it, and now want a new graphics card, and the best card for me at the moment comes free with the game that I spent £39 on!

I can get the card £20 cheaper than this deal, but it excludes the SSD, so I'll probably just buy this deal instead.

Soldato
Not a bad deal, seems much better than it is though. You can essentially get a 390 + SSD for about the same money and imo it would be better too.

Soldato
Still not sure what to do.. I want too but i'm not really gaming much, although fancy a game of the division with my dad.. he'll buy the SSD off me too and the other game.. I never usually think about this kind of thing..

Back
Top Bottom