Freely TV

That's the point though, you don't need to buy a new TV, your current one works. When you next need a replacement there will be new tech available (either Freely or something newer).

People seem to be getting really angry as if they're being told to replace their existing TVs. Nothing is being turned off...

I get that, it's a good idea to have it. I just think it should have been started a decade ago. We had the start of streaming channels back then such as when the BBC showed the world cup or euros online. Better late than never I suppose.

Last edited:
That's the point though, you don't need to buy a new TV, your current one works. When you next need a replacement there will be new tech available (either Freely or something newer).

People seem to be getting really angry as if they're being told to replace their existing TVs. Nothing is being turned off...

I think some of the annoyance is that expectations were higher than what was delivered.

Expectations were a single app with a built in EPG available across all platforms, no different to an Android STB with KODI which was available over a decade ago.

Lack of communication from Freely is partly to blame.

Commercially, I think the broadcasters like their own "walled garden".

Back
Top Bottom