Friday the 13th

Soldato
OP
I've had my eyes on this for a while. Do you think it's worth £30?

That's a tough one.

I bought a code for £20, so I am happy with that but I am not sure how I would have felt if I paid £30 though. It has real potential playing as part of a group or with friends.

Playing as the survivors you really need to work hard and together to take down Jason.

Associate
This is actually a good game that makes you very tense. The music is just like the movie which really adds to Jason hunting you down. It's a shame the server issues are letting it down but the developers didn't know they would get 75k players in the first 30 minutes.

Soldato
OP
This is actually a good game that makes you very tense. The music is just like the movie which really adds to Jason hunting you down. It's a shame the server issues are letting it down but the developers didn't know they would get 75k players in the first 30 minutes.
What console are you playing on?

Caporegime
guy at work was talking about this. if it's only good with others then I imagine it will be a bit like rocket league. play it for a bit here and there initially then within 2 months never touch it again.

micro machines is only £20 and I got it for £18 (prime). so £30 for this does seem a bit much when micro machines is an established game with a long history. if it was £15 which IMO is what it should be I would have taken a punt. at double that i'd rather put that £30 towards a game with more longevity.

when the player base takes a tanking in 3 months time. i wonder what they will do? hopefully it comes up for sale at <£20. if your finding it really good fun then i might take a punt at £30.

same thing happened with exploding kittens (kickstarter game as well). it recently went on sale for 10p as opposed to £2. player base was tanking so they had to inject more into it for matchmaking.

Soldato
I see over on Reddit there are people cheating their way in the game - Counselor players who are obviously mates with the Jason character telling him where he can find the other players, etc
I guess nothing you can ever sort out, but can see that being frustrating if you're in such a game.

Soldato
OP
It is a fun game. Had some games with friends, really enjoyable, despite the silly bugs. Only issue for me is the amount of time it takes to find a game. Other than that there is nothing massively game breaking that is guaranteed to happen each game.

Soldato
OP
I've been enjoying playing with randomers. As I have gotten into the game more and established what you need to do to survive. Get some idiots about but you get them in every game.

I'm on quite regularly mate.

jpm

jpm

Associate
I'm unsure as to whether I should buy this or dead by daylight

I haven't played Friday 13th yet but I am enjoying Dead by Daylight, You can choose which type of game you want to search for, survivors or killer.

Of course its better when playing with friends as a survivor but also fun if you're on your own hunting them down as the killer.

I will get Friday 13th sometime though because it does look decent.

Soldato
It looks awful and the gameplay looks awful, don't think it's a game to live up to its rep, think this is a table turner where you tend to get poorly executed films based on brilliant games, but in this instance, the films better than the game.

If a trial on Xbox store cones about I'll try it, won't buy it unless it's under a tenner.

Soldato
Anyone played this? thought there would have been more comments on it as it was quite a hyped up game and its now available on x one and ps4.
It looks good on the gameplay vids but i am seeing mixed reviews its either great comments saying how fun it is to 1 star reviews for the servers always crashing which considering its online only is a big problem. Its £30 so was wondering if its worth it?

Back
Top Bottom